Does 2008 yz250f have factory upgrades for 06 450f?

This question is mainly to do with braking and possibly triple clamps or other chassis items. I picked up a not running 08 yz 250f for cheap last night and before I flip it I would like to swap out any parts that may be an upgrade for my 06. I seem to remember a master cylinder upgrade in 08? Are the clamps the same offset as 06? Thanks guys

The forks could be better (sss type) the front brake would go with the forks ( different mount) the shock would work if the length is close.

The forks could be better (sss type) the front brake would go with the forks ( different mount) the shock would work if the length is close.

Forks and shock are the same as 06

Right for some reason I thought the 450 was a WR.  🤷🏽‍♂️

The '07 shock is 10mm longer, I would assume the '08 is also. If you're taller, you might want to swap that. There are weight differences between the '06 and '07-'08 also, I'm pretty sure it's mostly triple clamps being forged and different nuts and bolts. I know a bone stock '06 is a few pounds heavier than an '07, and would also assume an '08. Put some of the parts on a scale and compare if you can.

I'm also thinking the rear wheel hub and axle are different. They changed the swingarm and linkage, but I think that was in '09. Before you get rid of it there are things you might want to swap over. DON'T swap the ignition, that's for sure. The '06 had the hardest hitting ignition mapping. (Hey, you want a Vortex ignition for your bike? lol. I have one I'm going to sell separately from my bike.) The cams are different between those bike too, in '07 they went to cams that are better for high rpms instead of low end torque. (oh wait, I just noticed the not running bike is a 250. Triple clamp and rear hub differences still apply though I think.)

If you want better brakes, just put a 270mm front rotor on the '06. Huge improvement. I don't think the M/C difference is anything big.

Edited by gmtech16450yz (motobark)
On 11/3/2017 at 11:56 AM, gmtech16450yz (motobark) said:

The '07 shock is 10mm longer, I would assume the '08 is also. If you're taller, you might want to swap that. There are weight differences between the '06 and '07-'08 also, I'm pretty sure it's mostly triple clamps being forged and different nuts and bolts. I know a bone stock '06 is a few pounds heavier than an '07, and would also assume an '08. Put some of the parts on a scale and compare if you can.

I'm also thinking the rear wheel hub and axle are different. They changed the swingarm and linkage, but I think that was in '09. Before you get rid of it there are things you might want to swap over. DON'T swap the ignition, that's for sure. The '06 had the hardest hitting ignition mapping. (Hey, you want a Vortex ignition for your bike? lol. I have one I'm going to sell separately from my bike.) The cams are different between those bike too, in '07 they went to cams that are better for high rpms instead of low end torque. (oh wait, I just noticed the not running bike is a 250. Triple clamp and rear hub differences still apply though I think.)

If you want better brakes, just put a 270mm front rotor on the '06. Huge improvement. I don't think the M/C difference is anything big.

Rear axle and hub change happened in 09.