One Less Husky dealer

I noticed the Husky dealer in the Austin Texas  is closed down Napalm motor sports, not surprised, but who bought all their stuff, as they were the only Husky dealer in that area?

I tried to buy a bike there one time, a guaranteed sale, and they didn't want to negotiate at all, so I walked, they had a lot of bad press with their service quality. Not sure how long they've been closed down.

Edited by Spud786
18 hours ago, Spud786 said:

I noticed the Husky dealer in the Austin Texas  is closed down Napalm motor sports, not surprised, but who bought all their stuff, as they were the only Husky dealer in that area?

I tried to buy a bike there one time, a guaranteed sale, and they didn't want to negotiate at all, so I walked, they had a lot of bad press with their service quality. Not sure how long they've been closed down.

Hmmmmmm :lol:

http://www.northshorediscgolf.com/napalm-motorsports-review.html

That was dated 2 months after I was in there, But I never used their services. I did use them for a couple tire changes back in the early 2000's, but under different ownership. They had a deal, buy tires from us and free mounting. Which I thought was a decent deal. When the program ended, they wanted $40 to change a carry in wheel. That pretty much ended any further dealings. So I hadn't been in there for years, until 2015.  One of the guys there, the service/sales manager was very knowledgeable on the Huskies, but they were raping sales prices with premium fees and such. I just don't do business that way, they wouldnt deal at all or even discuss, as I was then dealing with what seemed to be a new or unknowledgeable pompas sales guy.

Just total idiots on a guaranteed sale, I couldn't believe it.  I did call that sales manager a day or two later, as I was driving and picking up a new bike at a different dealer, but I hadn't wrote the check yet. There was over $1200 difference between those dealers.

They are probably scratching their heads wondering what went wrong and why they went under. Lmao

Different dealer, but many years ago I bought a brand new bike at a Kawasaki dealership in BC Canada.

When i had serious problems with it shortly after purchasing the bike, the guy in sevice blamed me, not the bike.

Then i heard from many others how that was their normal way of operating was to just do nothing but be rude to customers. Well it closed a couple years later, gee big surprise. 

Seems to me that it would be common sense if you have terrible customer service, you will be the one in the end who hurts, when you go bankrupt.

Now if a dealership is even slightly rude I take my wallet and go shop where they earn my money. 

It is ridiculous how some dealers think they can be. I feel it's worst when they are the only one around.

My story is just the opposite. Taking my little girl to dance class I see this shop named Hutch in the corner of a plaza. I see white bikes...hmmm...whats this? So I check it out. This shop might be 30x20 and this includes everything. Show room , counter , oil products , work shop. There is no room to move to say the least with maybe 10 bikes (most out on sidewalk). I am approached by the owner. Very politely ask if he could help me. I see a Ktm tag on a Husqvarna and ask what's the deal as I mention I am in the market for another 4 stroke.  He explains the Ktm deal then was very interested in where I ride, style and other bikes I own. Doesn't talk to you with sales guy BS. I could tell he genuinely  has the same passion for motorcycles that I do. 

After checking out a 2015 350s he says $8500 OTD. What was I  to do but shake his hand and say I will be back with the truck!

Anyways this shop Hutchmotorsports in raynham Ma. now has a beautiful new large building up the road and are doing very well. I am not surprised.

anyone in northern il , wi , or mn. this is the guy to buy from . great customer service , super nice guy , very knowlegable !!!! owner / mechanic/ parts guy / mechanic/ salesman / is steve !  http://www.keytimemotorsports.com/index.html small shop in the middle of cranberry fields . 

Edited by bellracing2

I actually bought my 2015 Husky at Napalm.

Had a bad start after I went to test ride the bike, but it only got worse after I got it home and looked it over - Lots of loose hardware and the forks were pinched together about an 1/8" from tightening the front axle wrong. Took most of the weekend to tear it apart and torque and grease it right.

Shoulda known better but I later took the bike in for the recall on the fork guts. When I picked it up one fork was a lot higher in the triple clamps than the other - like 3/8" or so. That was it, never again from that point.

Have gone to TJ's (local KTM dealer) since. Hopefully Tom gets the Husky dealership now... that or I'll go back orange.