1995 XR 100 suspension swap (from a 1990 CR-M 80)

Hi to all,

A couple of weeks ago I bought a 1995 XR 100. Engine and Frame were decent, everything else was in bad condition.

I started fitting a CR-M Suspension (european street legal version of a CR 80. Engine is completely different, suspension is almost the same, stretched and revalved for teenagers). Front end is done with some fabrication, but I am really buzzled with the rear end. Swingarm is already fitted in with some minor grinding. I am thinkin on giong to a linkageless rear...and I would really like to keep the original airbox. 

Can I use the stock CR 80 Shock? I´ve seen that KTM 65 is the normal choice....but here in Chile those are hard to find.

Any advice?

Thanks 

Some pics of mi progress

IMG_4494[1].JPG

IMG_4496[1].JPG

IMG_4495[1].JPG

IMG_4497[1].JPG

Awesome job so far.  The only other swap I've seen, was a guy on here four or five years ago.  They did post pics, try a search.  A lot of us, put the motor in the CR Chassis (1996 and up).

Cool project.  To answer the shock question....no.  a link vs linkageless shock is different.  Different travel, valving and typically some sort of progressive spring.

Well... I found a Shock from a chinese pit bike that is supposed to work linkageless...now I´ve got sort of a roller. Now changing the upper mount to get a decent position....Not so bad so far. Photos soon.

On 14/11/2017 at 5:42 PM, Rafa1979 said:

Well... I found a Shock from a chinese pit bike that is supposed to work linkageless...now I´ve got sort of a roller. Now changing the upper mount to get a decent position....Not so bad so far. Photos soon.

Well, lots of work and no time to post, but so far I have a fully functional (yet ugly) XR 100 with improved suspension, wheels and brakes. I really love the way it handles. Engine seems to be in a great shape.

some pictures...

IMG_4547[1].JPG

IMG_4548[1].JPG

IMG_4549[1].JPG

IMG_4661[1].JPG

IMG_4662[1].JPG

I think the main job is done....

I just have to make her look pretty....or maybe keep the MadMax Style :)

Cleaning an polishing is were I will start from...but still haven´t decided if I should keep the '95 look or go for an update.

Opinions?