Long Island,NY Riders

Any LI riders out there? Where does everyone ride.

Love to know where to ride on LI

Calverton still running? Lots of in the know stuff, but ya take your chances then.

Edited by DEMI

Calverton is Closed Down

Looking for Legal places to ride on LI . Or, whats within a 1.5 hr drive ?

You are in a tough spot man... networking is the only way. Jersey sux too. Guys ride on LI, but definitely on the down low. 

DAMN....thats not good news. I don't mind driving 2 hrs away if the trails are very good, but weekdays thats not an option.

Moto1 Long Island in Calverton. But last I checked it was $70 for a Day

Gotta really want it in that area... gonna have to truck it for the most part. Miss the area, but not that part.

Edited by DEMI
Spelling

Moto 1 is more of a short trail than a MX track.  Not worth $70, IMO.  10th St. MX is currently closed and battling the town.  My fingers are crossed hoping they succeed.

So we're left with Etown, OCFMX and Lost Trails.  If I have to drive, I'm looking to race, so I go where the events take me.  Too bad I don't get any practice days.

On 11/3/2017 at 5:57 PM, Thumper696 said:

Looking for Legal places to ride on LI . Or, whats within a 1.5 hr drive ?

Nowhere legal out there..I spend every summer out there working and ride a few hidden places on the North shore, but thats it..The closest place to you is Pine Barrens in NJ..

2 hours ago, mallai said:

Nowhere legal out there..I spend every summer out there working and ride a few hidden places on the North shore, but thats it..The closest place to you is Pine Barrens in NJ..

I have heard you need your bike to be registered and plated to ride Legal in NJ Pine Barrens.