2014 drz400sm

So I finally got a MRD z pro exhaust. What is the best set up for my carb? All stock except the 3x3 an k&n. At sea level.

Buy the JD Jetting kit.

The stock needle is not adjustable, which is the reason a jet kit is almost mandatory. You can sand down and shim the needle if you want. Other than an aftermarket needle, 25 pilot, 155ish main and remove the brass plug blocking the fuel screw.

The K&N air filter is horrible for this application. It doesn't flow any better than a foam filter and it doesn't seal properly without copious amounts of grease on the lip.

For future reference, post DRZ related questions in the DRZ400 forum. You will get more responses.

• Like 1

Any photos of that brass screw? I couldn't find it. How do I find it. Searched drz. I'll try again. Any help is appreciated

Fuel screw is under that brass plug on the left. You drill it with a 1/8 bit, thread a screw in and pull it out. The service manual describes the process also. Use caution not to go to far and hit the fuel screw. There is an air gap between the plug and screw. DO NOT remove the brass plug on the right.
Screenshot_20171104-095337.png
  • Like 1