OR bike to CA?

What will be entailed in buying a bike in CA that has OR plates, and trying to get CA plates for it?  I'm trying to get a 500EXC and I hope there is no inspection needed (only cause I dislike the DMV so much!).  If its just paperwork, I can do that through AAA.:thumbsup:

Edited by Thunder7

I picked up my 2013 500 EXC from a private party in Nevada and brought it home to CA, took the paperwork into AAA. Person there came out and inspected it for matching serial numbers, paid the fees and all done. I'm pretty sure all EXC's were 50 state legal.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 500EXC Rider said:

I picked up my 2013 500 EXC from a private party in Nevada and brought it home to CA, took the paperwork into AAA. Person there came out and inspected it for matching serial numbers, paid the fees and all done. I'm pretty sure all EXC's were 50 state legal.

2007 and later.

The question has come up a number of times on the 06 and earlier in CA. 
Pay attention.  

I don’t have to pay for anything. My brother had 2 ‘07’s while I chose to plate my ‘07 WR450 :moon:

22 minutes ago, KennyMc said:

I don’t have to pay for anything. My brother had 2 ‘07’s while I chose to plate my ‘07 WR450 :moon:

What is your problem? He stated all exc's were platable. This is not true and I made note it's only the 07 and later.

If you have nothing to contribute to the thread than kindly don't. Trolling is not tolerated in this forum. 

What is your problem? He stated all exc's were platable. This is not true and I made note it's only the 07 and later.
If you have nothing to contribute to the thread than kindly don't. Trolling is not tolerated in this forum. 

Oops, sorry. Was just funnin around. No trolling intended :blush: