Hinson Clutch Covers?

Do the Hinson Clutch covers scratch up and wear out easy? Looking to buy one just don't want it to scratch all to hell after the first ride since it is pretty pricy. 

Thanks.

Their paint holds up really well compared to some others I've run but eventually it does show wear.

Got guards and other cover options. .. xrc and ptech etc.

Why buy just the cover? 

1 hour ago, BoxcarWilly said:

Why buy just the cover? 

Strength, looks, sometimes bigger volume of oil

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
11 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Strength, looks, sometimes bigger volume of oil

Don't kid yourself, it's just for looks ;)

It's gunna get scratched up if you actually ride your bike. Spend your money on something else worthwhile. 

17 minutes ago, BoxcarWilly said:

Don't kid yourself, it's just for looks ;)

It's gunna get scratched up if you actually ride your bike. Spend your money on something else worthwhile. 

You don’t know anyone who has their clutch covers break because of rocks or whatever? It’s why riders  carry epoxy in their packs. I think the rekluse clutch cases are good because they are bigger volumed and strong but I don’t like the scratches either. Still guards are good like ptech and a bunch of other brands. I went the xrc route for my latest bikes. Topar racing and SFB were great for my honda cr. 

This is my 300rr with xrc. It’s stronger than stock in the right places.

6498EA5E-E73B-499A-A406-C835F498F70F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

You don’t know anyone who has their clutch covers break because of rocks or whatever? It’s why riders  carry epoxy in their packs. I think the rekluse clutch cases are good because they are bigger volumed and strong but I don’t like the scratches either. Still guards are good like ptech and a bunch of other brands. I went the xrc route for my latest bikes. Topar racing and SFB were great for my honda cr. 

This is my 300rr with xrc. It’s stronger than stock in the right places.

6498EA5E-E73B-499A-A406-C835F498F70F.jpeg

I don't think the majority of the people buying JUST a Hinson cover are buying it for "protection", they simply just want it for looks. The rekluse clutch cover is cool because it is beneficial and not just superficial, like the Hinson.

7 minutes ago, BoxcarWilly said:

I don't think the majority of the people buying JUST a Hinson cover are buying it for "protection", they simply just want it for looks. The rekluse clutch cover is cool because it is beneficial and not just superficial, like the Hinson.

Actually Im not sure why guys buy Hinson covers specific. I don’t know how they look up close or what the pros and cons are for hinson now. I know for my old honda they had a better design to return oil to lubricate for my cr 250 honda. It’s why I was interested in the brand a long time ago. It was for that and the larger amount of oil volume but that was for my honda that I don’t have now. I haven’t seen the newest covers. I guess I could look for info to check. Are you familiar with those covers now?

I have a Hinson clutch cover. It holds up to scratches way better than the stock cover. At 50 hours mine looks better than the stock one with 10.