Jump to content

Vibration comparison

Recommended Posts

I tested a Honda CRF450 and noticed it  vibrated less  and  felt more smoother overall and not so rough like my Kx450 14. 

Anyone know is that is the case and have some thoughts and have noticed the same with other 450s?

Edited by skorpan777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely different motors and designs, one will vibrate more or less than the other. My dads crf450x vibrates like no other, the entire machine is a vibrator basically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Brad04 said:

Completely different motors and designs, one will vibrate more or less than the other. My dads crf450x vibrates like no other, the entire machine is a vibrator basically. 

But i mean the honda was super smoth strange your dads X vibrates much.

Ok i understand that diffrent models is not the same but both have counter balance shaft and it was really big diffrence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be a number of things. Maybe that year of the kx450 has a heavier crank than the crf450 so you feel the rotating mass vibrating the machine. If it bothers you that much then get a different bike. I tend not to notice vibrations when I'm actually riding but only when it's idling or if it's revved at idle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brad04 said:

Could be a number of things. Maybe that year of the kx450 has a heavier crank than the crf450 so you feel the rotating mass vibrating the machine. If it bothers you that much then get a different bike. I tend not to notice vibrations when I'm actually riding but only when it's idling or if it's revved at idle. 

It doesn't bother iam used to it it was more a check if ppl have the same feeling so i dont have go thrue the entire bike for no reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skorpan777 said:

The KX also have rubber mounted handle bars still vibrates much, Honda haven't

I ride a kx250f and it doesn't vibrate at all even when rev'd it's smooth. My dads crf450x vibrates like no other. I had a crf250x before the kx (as a beginner bike I'm a bigger guy),  and the bike vibrated a lot, too. Your probably more used to the feel of the Honda than the kawi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When does your bike vibrate and at what rpm?  All around or at high rev's at idle or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skorpan777 said:

From mid to top

Mostly on the mid

That's how my dads crf450x is and my kx250f actually vibrates like that too in the high end rev's. I think your just feeling the rotational mass shaking the machine if nothing is broken on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try re-torquing your engine mounts and head stay (loosen all and retorque to spec). If its a vibration which increases in intensity with revs it can be a bad crank. If youve had a bottom end rebuild done lately and the cranks were not sufficiently aligned or not correctly installed this can also happen (ive had cranks checked at the machine shop only to come out of alignemnt due to carelessness in shipping. During installation the crank should be pulled through the left hand crank case as the cases come together, otherwise the crank can be "pinched" by the cases. It may also be a subjective observation since your much more familiar with your own machine 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, funkinalive said:

Try re-torquing your engine mounts and head stay (loosen all and retorque to spec). If its a vibration which increases in intensity with revs it can be a bad crank. If youve had a bottom end rebuild done lately and the cranks were not sufficiently aligned or not correctly installed this can also happen (ive had cranks checked at the machine shop only to come out of alignemnt due to carelessness in shipping. During installation the crank should be pulled through the left hand crank case as the cases come together, otherwise the crank can be "pinched" by the cases. It may also be a subjective observation since your much more familiar with your own machine 

Thanks for the input, i actually had made a mistake  about 6months/40h ago. I put the oilfilter tha wrong way, i noticed it really quickly and did think to do a rebiuld but i thought ill trie and if it happens it happens. 

Nothing happend and here we are now, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skorpan777 said:

Thanks for the input, i actually had made a mistake  about 6months/40h ago. I put the oilfilter tha wrong way, i noticed it really quickly and did think to do a rebiuld but i thought ill trie and if it happens it happens. 

Nothing happend and here we are now, 

was it run with the oil filter backward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About approx 5-10 min i noticed the engine started ticking and shut it off. I was thinking what could be wrong because i just did a oilchange and then i realized what an idiot ive been

:(

Edited by skorpan777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skorpan777 said:

About approx 5-10 min i noticed the engine started ticking and shut it off. I was thinking what could be wrong because i just did a oilchange and then i realized what an idiot ive been

What do you mean. Like you didn't put oil in the motor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×