I want to grease the swingarm bolt, do I need to . . .

. . . loosen or disassemble the rear shock linkage?, or will the bolt just move out a bit to get some grease on it with all the linkage in place?  

Yes and no.

If you are going to bother, you need to CLEAN all the mating surfaces first..........

best to remove the bottom shock bolt first - find it will be so much easier to get that bolt out

9 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

Yes and no.

If you are going to bother, you need to CLEAN all the mating surfaces first..........

Will do.  

3 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

best to remove the bottom shock bolt first - find it will be so much easier to get that bolt out

Excellent.  This will be easy to do as I had it out earlier today.  Even if I have to take off all the bolts, they are all easy to take out.  

are you planning on cleaning and regreasing all the linkage and swingarm bearings too. might as well since you're in there

are you planning on cleaning and regreasing all the linkage and swingarm bearings too. might as well since you're in there

I'm pretty sure the OP lubed his linkage already. But I'm the same. For the extra bit of time, I do all of it at once (including the swingarm).

I prefer antisieze paste btw

I greased all the bearings on the knuckle and dogbone this past Sunday.  I didn't do the swingarm.  '

I was happy to see that the bearings still had a good/decent amount of brown oil/lube on them so they were anything but dry and that the seals had been keeping any water/gunge out of the bearings.  It might help that my bike has never seen a pressure washer.  

More than likely I'm going to get a Camso DTS 129 snowbike kit so the swingarm, linkage and rear brake might all come off for the install anyway.