2014 drz400sm jetting/carb set up

So my bike is all stock except 3x3, k&n, MRD z pro. What main jet, pilot jet, needle setting, fuel screw setting etc, whats the best set up at sea level?

So my bike is all stock except 3x3, k&n, MRD z pro. What main jet, pilot jet, needle setting, fuel screw setting etc, whats the best set up at sea level?

I forget to ask on the other post, did you buy the bike new or do the exhaust and 3x3? It would be strange if the previous owner knew to do those mods but didn't already jet it.

Just bought the pipe. Carb is untouched so I'm starting from scratch

i'd lose the k/n for multiple reasons, get a jd jet kit, an extended fuel screw and follow the recommendations in the kit  ..

Ok, what filter is best? I thought k&n were the best. Had no idea

I, too, am curious as to why the K&N filter is not suitable for an SM, cowpie.

The k&n filter can probably be fine on a street only sm but is not a good choice for a bike that sees any dirt. A woven gauze just has much less surface area to trap dirt and debris than a two stage foam filter like a Uni or twin air.

Oh yeah, +1 On the jd jet kit and keintech extended fuel screw.

dirtyboy, just-in-case, my setup is in my signature.  This was the first carb I have rejetted in years and it was fairly easy.  Trips up to the southern Appalachians have worked quite well with this setup.