93 kx250

Hi anyone own or have experience with a 93 kx250? Looking at getting one for a bit of vmx. I owned a 94 years ago. Any common issues? Were they fast for their time? Handle Ok, for their time?

Hi anyone own or have experience with a 93 kx250? Looking at getting one for a bit of vmx. I owned a 94 years ago. Any common issues? Were they fast for their time? Handle Ok, for their time?

Kawi reengineered their MX line every two years during this time (early perimeter frame line, first gen/series was 90-91, then 92-93....so this is the second generation frame, second year.

Wider frame & feel than your ‘94. I seem to remember it was a low end/tractor motor, my neighbor had one and he cratered the frame at the Grand Junction Supercross (SRAC) but l want to say that was in 1994 and he had already put in a year and a half of HARD racing A class/Exp-Pro class, but check the usual points like the swingarm pivot and shock tower mount.

I don’t think there were a lot of problems with them, those early 90’s KX’s didn’t turn great but holy hell were they stable at high speed.

Awesome thanks for your response

1990 and 1991 had the shock towers.

Good luck on your bike. Any old KX is going to sually have very hard to find power valve parts or they are not cheap if you do find them.

On 11/4/2017 at 11:36 PM, KDXGarage said:

1990 and 1991 had the shock towers.

Good luck on your bike. Any old KX is going to sually have very hard to find power valve parts or they are not cheap if you do find them.

Take the powervalve out and you're basically looking at a cr500.