Can you make good money doing a part out

I have a blown 97 yz125 just wondering if I can make decent money parting it out?

2 hours ago, Herman Bueckert said:

I have a blown 97 yz125 just wondering if I can make decent money parting it out?

Better off sale as whole if you want money now. Otherwise you will sit on a bunch of parts that will take time to sale. 

Post up parts for sale and see what hits you get in a week. Make the money you are looking for, keep going. Otherwise, dump and find a newer bike.

No...btw I hate this trend..

I've parted two bikes. Hardly worth the time in my opinion. If it's something fairly current you can do ok. Older bike like that you'll probably take forever to sell off. I'd sell it as a whole for a few hundred bucks rather than take 6 months to make $100-$200 more.

eBay use to be the bomb till there high fees took over.  eBay has also basically changed to a eBay store instead of the auction format.  

10 hours ago, Nevada Al said:

No...btw I hate this trend..

TREND?

:lol:

I see a trend in this thread.. We are all saying NO, HELL NO, And it's not worth it!:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, yz250f 78 said:

eBay use to be the bomb till there high fees took over.  eBay has also basically changed to a eBay store instead of the auction format.  

Kind of like the Swap meets turned in to.