05 Gas Gas TXT 300 info please

One came up for sale on Craigslist. Is an 05 model in good condition worth $2,500?  And are seat kits available for long distance trail riding?  A friend tells me they are good bikes, but I have never owned one.

Is it the Pro version?  The price sounds high to me for an 05.  There is much more info on www.trialscentral.com

22 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

One came up for sale on Craigslist. Is an 05 model in good condition worth $2,500?  And are seat kits available for long distance trail riding?  A friend tells me they are good bikes, but I have never owned one.

There was some gearbox ( 3rd gear I think ) in the early 2000's maybe up to 06 but this bike might have had the fix already

Yes, it is the pro version.  I hope to go see it tomorrow and will ask about the 3rd gear situation.  Thanks!

Other suggestions?

3 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

Yes, it is the pro version.  I hope to go see it tomorrow and will ask about the 3rd gear situation.  Thanks!

Other suggestions?

Wheel bearings , swing arm bushes , fork seals , tires , chain , sprockets standard dirt bike stuff really

A friend just told me Gas Gas went out of business, and getting parts would be a problem.  Anyone else heard this?

It must have been a good buy.  Sold before I could get over to see it.

17 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

A friend just told me Gas Gas went out of business, and getting parts would be a problem.  Anyone else heard this?

parts are available

The 300 sold, but I found a decent 250.  But there is one major problem!  HA!  With there short kick start lever, my 135#, and arthritic knee, I can't kick start them.  And can't afford a new one with E start.  Guess that's the way the cookie crumbles!

4 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

The 300 sold, but I found a decent 250.  But there is one major problem!  HA!  With there short kick start lever, my 135#, and arthritic knee, I can't kick start them.  And can't afford a new one with E start.  Guess that's the way the cookie crumbles!

No e start on trials if any brand 

trail bikes yes , trials no

5 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

Did you try to kick it with your left leg standing next to the bike?  Installing a compression release in the head would be another option.

5 hours ago, kxrob said:

No e start on trials if any brand 

trail bikes yes , trials no

Either Gas Gas came out with one, or the local dealer modified one.  But he didn't say anything about it being modified.  It has the added seat with a battery under it, and larger gas tank. 

4 hours ago, shredmasterz said:

Did you try to kick it with your left leg standing next to the bike?  Installing a compression release in the head would be another option.

Yes, tried that.  But I have arthritis in both knees, and since I do mostly trail riding, decided the difficult starting, and the mods I would need to make, just wasn't worth the trouble.  Thanks for the feedback.

5 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

Either Gas Gas came out with one, or the local dealer modified one.  But he didn't say anything about it being modified.  It has the added seat with a battery under it, and larger gas tank. 

i apologise , it appears they revamped the contact name and do a 250 2 stroke , e start , seat and tank compo . i wonder if this is a pampera renamed ?

have you thought about an electric trials bike eg. electric motion or the gas gas txtx-e ?

Occasionally my trail rides are 100 miles long, or more.  Too far for a battery.  And a new bike is more than my "budget" will allow.  And at my age, (76) I'm not sure how much longer I'll be riding.  So I hate to spend a lot of $ on a bike.

Weezer, you're not riding any trials bike a hundred miles.

8 minutes ago, pomoco said:

Weezer, you're not riding any trials bike a hundred miles.

I didn't say I was.  

See the previous post

Are you smoking weed?  Read my previous post.  I said the TRAILS I ride are sometimes over 100 miles long.  And I COULD ride a TRIALS bike 100 miles if it had a seat, was gas powered, and had an auxiliary gas tank.

38 minutes ago, pomoco said:

See the previous post

Maybe you should read the whole thread before giving a knee jerk reaction.