Horn Rapids MX Park

Hey Everyone, 

I just rented another RV, and my son and I are heading to Horn Rapids 11/9-11/12.  We're hoping to ride Friday, Saturday, Sunday.   We've been to Riverdale twice and hit Reiter Foothills a handful of times.  But other than that we're straight beginners.  My ask or question...is Horn Rapids okay for beginners?  At our ability we can make it around the Vintage and Beginner tracks at Riverdale.   I was able to clear the table on the back straight of the beginner track, but that's it.    All the youtubes I've been watching of Horn Rapids make it seem a little more race only oriented, and well I'm nervous about it.    What are your experiences? 

If anyone else is riding Horn Rapids with kids come hit us up.   I'll be the guy in rented blue and white 22' Winnebgo towing two Honda's.   You can laugh at me as I flounder trying to figure out the RV.   

HRMC is great for beginners and kids. They have full power hook ups too. The track is super easy, and there are a few tracks there to choose from. 

Sweet!  Thanks! 

The track is fun for any speed rider and the jumps are well built for the most part and honestly kinda small, there's a vet type track called Area 51 as well so you will have 2 to choose from.

They also do a pretty good job of splitting up practices it's usually split into 3 groups

Big bike a,b,c
Vet, women, beginner
Small bikes

I will be out there on either Saturday or Sunday

The track is fun for any speed rider and the jumps are well built for the most part and honestly kinda small, there's a vet type track called Area 51 as well so you will have 2 to choose from.

They also do a pretty good job of splitting up practices it's usually split into 3 groups

Big bike a,b,c
Vet, women, beginner
Small bikes

I will be out there on either Saturday or Sunday

So you’re saying the main track jumps are small? They seem freaking huge. So dude jumped over me today on Area 51. I have a lot to learn!

Go ride mattawa you drive past it on the way to Richland. Not mx track but plenty of challenges and pretty big area.

mattawamap.jpg

Edited by SmokinJoe

So you’re saying the main track jumps are small? They seem freaking huge. So dude jumped over me today on Area 51. I have a lot to learn!

Well there is definitely a few big ones but for the most part I have always felt they were short in distance except for 4 or 5!

You will get it though, once you start conquering them they will all seem small!

I didn’t get a chance to come out this weekend I had a class for work in Spokane Friday and the turbo in our work truck went out so we took a rental car home Saturday and had to find a mechanic and tow truck

Go ride mattawa you drive past it on the way to Richland. Not mx track but plenty of challenges and pretty big area.
mattawamap.jpg.9a7c157d2a78b897ce1c02d54d3ca4c8.jpg

You caught my interest! I’ve heard of the spot but never had a chance to go. Didn’t realize it was so big!

You caught my interest! I’ve heard of the spot but never had a chance to go. Didn’t realize it was so big!

We did see it and I want to ride it. Is there easy stuff? We don’t need challenging we need fun for 10yr old who’s just figuring out how fun it is to roll on the throttle

There's plenty of stuff for the little ones too lots of like fire road type of stuff. Along with stuff that makes the big boys scared.