Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - ENTER NOW! Read more... ×

Will a kx125 rear sprocket fit on my 450?

I've got a part vendor's catalog here (Royal Distributing)

which lists the same part numbers for Renthal rear sprockets 

to be common on all full-sized Kawasaki bikes (125/250 2T, 250F & 450F) from 1993 to 2017.

Front sprocket fitment looks to be more specific to each though,

the 450F front doesn't seem to interchange with any other model.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

I've got rear sprockets from my 2001 that have the same part number and mounting holes as my '16. Mlatour is 100% correct

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By tanner_shany24
      Hey guys, I have a 2012 KX450f and it is giving me major issues. I will give you a run down of the history of it. I bought this bike a few months ago and have only ridden it really once, yes once! When I bought it everything seemed to check out, it ran fine, started fine, sounded fine, so I bought it. Took it out to ride and the first hill I hit it got really hot and overheated like a SOB and spewed coolant everywhere. I thought to my self maybe it was because we were riding trails slow before so maybe when I actually got on it it got too hot. After that though, it began to overheat every 3 minutes no  matter what, I would ride it for 3 minutes, and have to stop to let it cool down because I was scared I was going to melt the top end. Got home and started inspecting, found out that oil and coolant was mixing both where the oil is supposed to be and where the coolant is supposed to be. After some research I found that the 2012 450 had head gasket issues. Assuming that was the issue, I took the head off and got it resurfaced (it was actually decently warped) and put new gaskets in everything top end related. Piston and cylinder looked brand new by the way. So I put it back together, started it up, and it instantly started spewing coolant and oil mixed out of the crank case breather hose. Like literally as soon as i started it and it would make a puddle on the ground in 10-15 seconds. I'm at a loss here, brand new coolant and brand new oil, brand new head gasket and resurfaced head, and it instantly started doing the same thing again? What could it be? Is it worth my time or do I part the bike out? I have put way too much time into this bike to want to tear back into it again unless it is something cheap to fix, if not I am going to post it on craigslist and let someone else deal with it. Overall this whole experience makes me want to go back to a 250T! XD
    • By Sam Mclean
      Hi new to this site.
      Ive just bought a cheap kx450f with what i thought would be a minor issue.
      I was told it was only running with the choke on and i thought easy fix, just a blocked jet. So i pulled it apart as must of the person before me and i find a broken soround thing that the plastic case sits on around the pilot jet. So i appoxy that back on unblock the jets and clean it all out, put it back together and now i try starting it for the first time and see the fuel dripping as it was when i bought it. When i look closer i see it is seeping from what looks like a crack in the float bowl. Ahhh
      So my problem is. Looking for a cheap carby might solve all my problems or just a float bowl at worse case. Now i can find many kx450f being wrecked nearby so im wondering are most 450 carbys the same? Will one of a yz450f work? 
      Can someone please help
    • By Sam Mclean
      Hi new to this site.
      Ive just bought a cheap kx450f with what i thought would be a minor issue.
      I was told it was only running with the choke on and i thought easy fix, just a blocked jet. So i pulled it apart as must of the person before me and i find a broken soround thing that the plastic case sits on around the pilot jet. So i appoxy that back on unblock the jets and clean it all out, put it back together and now i try starting it for the first time and see the fuel dripping as it was when i bought it. When i look closer i see it is seeping from what looks like a crack in the float bowl. Ahhh
      So my problem is. Looking for a cheap carby might solve all my problems or just a float bowl at worse case. Now i can find many kx450f being wrecked nearby so im wondering are most 450 carbys the same? Will one of a yz450f work? 
      Can someone please help
    • By BadcaseofTB
      I missed tracking where this little top hat came out of in my 2011 kx450f. Was thinking clutch or right side engine cover. Any help would be appreciated I can’t seem to find it in the manual.