AER 48 Revalve - Kreft vs FC vs RG3

It's time for a revalve.  I've narrowed it down to 3 companies, and just want to get some opinions on where to go.   '17 350sxf, and I'm a B(ish) vet rider, MX only.  Overall, the suspension is better than I was expecting, but its waaayyyy too harsh in breaking/accelerating bumps.  Among other things.

- Kreft: super super interested in the Revalve Control, but the extremely high price tag has me wondering if it's worth twice the price of the other guys. I'd rather not spend that much, but if its really worth the price tag, then I'll go for it.  Keep in mind, I'm no pro.

- Factory Connection: from what I've read, it seems like they've done their homework on the AER's.

- RG3: They have a shop local (Denver), and I was very happy with what they did for my '15 yz250f, so I'd really like to go with them again. But, I'm worried about how well they know the new WP stuff, as you don't really hear anything about themanymore.   Anyone have them work on the AER's?

Stay with the local. I've spoken with him a few years back, and he's a good dude. And, if there's an issue, no shipping. 

Enduro Spec can set you up, don't let the name fool you.

2 hours ago, DEMI said:

Enduro Spec can set you up, don't let the name fool you.

Interesting...I'm also located in Parker, so they are very close by (surprised I haven't heard of them).  Do you have any experience with their work on the AER's?  Would I need to go all-out and get their fork/works shock set-up to get them dialed in?

I tried the spring conversion before them and stock with some tweaks... then had them do it right. The shock is awesome, the fork is great too. You have plenty of options with them... I would stick with the MX Tech AER set up on the fork. Pretty good stuff. 

 

Spendy , but good. Local too, can't ask for much more.

Just a little update...after talking with a couple of places and pricing everything out, I've decided to have RG3 do the KYB fork conversion (Factory Kit internals), along with the MX Tech reservoir conversion on the shock.  It definitely isn't the cheapest route, but I figure I'll be getting something that I'm familiar with, and that I know I'll like. As opposed to spending nearly the same amount, sticking with an air fork, and having no guarantee that I'll be happy.

 

It will be a couple of weeks before I get everything back, but needless to say, I'm excited!

On 11/8/2017 at 11:36 AM, jmfreeman535 said:

Just a little update...after talking with a couple of places and pricing everything out, I've decided to have RG3 do the KYB fork conversion (Factory Kit internals), along with the MX Tech reservoir conversion on the shock.  It definitely isn't the cheapest route, but I figure I'll be getting something that I'm familiar with, and that I know I'll like. As opposed to spending nearly the same amount, sticking with an air fork, and having no guarantee that I'll be happy.

 

It will be a couple of weeks before I get everything back, but needless to say, I'm excited!

Are you having SSS internals put into your AER forks?  How much for that part if you don't mind sharing?  PM if you'd rather not say.

2 hours ago, erik_94COBRA said:

Are you having SSS internals put into your AER forks?  How much for that part if you don't mind sharing?  PM if you'd rather not say.

I'm having the A-kit internals put in, which are based on the SSS.  Price wise, its $1600. But that includes all the parts, revalve/smart valves, and labor.

A-kit internals as in legit A-kit? That is going to be a great set up. Price is not bad.

Edited by DEMI
20 minutes ago, jmfreeman535 said:

I'm having the A-kit internals put in, which are based on the SSS.  Price wise, its $1600. But that includes all the parts, revalve/smart valves, and labor.

Is the shock included in that price?

1 hour ago, DEMI said:

A-kit internals as in legit A-kit? That is going to be a great set up. Price is not bad.

Legit A-kit. 

 Once I heard the price was for the A-kit stuff, I was sold.  Other places want $1200+ for the standard SSS internals.

1 hour ago, erik_94COBRA said:

Is the shock included in that price?

Price is just for the forks.  For the shock I'm just doing a revalve and the MX-Tech reservoir. Which will be another $425 or so.

A kit internals are the same than std... even the plastic ICS piston is the same

Mostly the same...I know it has different spring collars, for instance.

 

Then the coatings are what really make it A kit.

I thought A lot stuff was crazy high? $1600 seems super cheap

$1600 is just for the internals.  The fork tubes, billet lugs, kashima/DLC coatings, etc. is going to add the extra $2k+

Have you sent the forks off yet?  I did a spring conversion kit that works as well as anything I have ever ridden for a fraction of that price.  Local (western slope) tuner did all of the work.  It is amazing.  Happy to give you the info if you are interested..

Just a spring or a revalve as well ?

K-tech spring kit, mid valve and revalve.  Works amazing

I dropped off my stuff on Monday, and it will be ready for me to pick up either tomorrow or Friday.

 

I looked into doing just the single spring conversion, but after talking with Matt, I decided that going with the KYB conversion would be worth the extra money...I know I'll be happy with it, and A-kit stuff at a reasonable price is hard to pass on!

 

Yes the spring kit on its own actually doesn't change the feel much at all

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now