Fixed cracked Stator cover.

Hi I haven't posted in a while didn't get much riding in this past summer due to my dirtbike accident in June and my broken leg. But did get to do a little back road cruising before it snowed. But to get to my point I had my 07 CRF 450R leaned up against my deck and when I was at work we had a 110+ KM/H windstorm come up and it slammed my bike into the ground put my new shifter into my Stator cover. So I after I calmed down I went on eBay and was going to be way to much with shipping and the duty Fee's and the dollar difference since I'm in Saskatchewan Canada. Thus I'm kinda strapped after being out of work all summer due to my accident. So I got a thinking theres got to be a way to fix this thing for cheap. I got on Google and turns out I'm not the only one this had happened to so I bought so JB weld did some Bondo and paint. Now going to paint the clutch cover nothing like a job well done. Sorry I didn't take pictures of it before I started on it phone was dead had to let it charge a bit but as you can see from the back side it wasn't good leaked like a siv. So I ruffed the area up with 80grit the took a diegrinder and ground the in side of the crack and braked cleaned the crap out of it . Lots more upgrades to come now that winter is here it's getting a massive over haul all new plastics new rads rebuildt front end new chain and sprockets brakes handle bars pegs seat cover tires brakes wheels and more.IMG_20171103_151321.jpgIMG_20171103_151310.jpgIMG_20171103_182639.jpgIMG_20171103_182639.jpgIMG_20171105_152233.jpgIMG_20171105_152222.jpgIMG_20171105_152240.jpgIMG_20171103_193958.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 16Raptor said:
19 hours ago, CRF James said:
Superb workmanship. Can't even tell!

Thanks took all weekend lots of tedious sanding couple coats of primer but sure was worth taking my time. No leaks and already had all the supplies sept for the JB weld so cost me about $10.

Ya I've fixed pin hole leaks in a steel gas tank and a cracked clutch cover on my cfr250r with 2 part JB Weld and when applied properly works excellently to the point where I built up multi layers on the clutch cover around where the brake pedal hit the case as a case guard ?

And ya nice work my friend ?

• Like 1