Upgrade plastics wr450f 2006

Hi, 

I want to upgrade my wr with better and newer headlight and perhaps tail light. I have seen 2006 wr with other types of plastics but dont know how it fits. Can I buy a headlight from 2007 and mount it on my bike and it fits the front fender without modification? How about the tail light? Is the frame different from 2006 to 2007 in the rear section? I know about the aluminium frame.

Do you not like the look or the performance? I have a 2006 wr450f that's dual sported and I run the stock headlight and the stock taillight. The stock headlight has good wattage for being stock. I don't have the high beam hooked up either. I put an LED bulb in the taillight. Much brighter.

The headlight cowl is not a problem.

The rear fender will only fit if you don't mind a big gap (it's narrower), and it will tilt up unless you rig up something. 

The front fender will fit if you modify how it mounts (drill holes)

If you just want a different look for rear fender, ufo makes one that fits your model with tail light under fender.

If you just want a different look for rear fender, ufo makes one that fits your model with tail light under fender.

I would not suggest that ufo one. It has one bulb for both the taillight and license plate light. Kind of sucks. Not bright at all. I've tried nearly everything for the wr in terms of taillights. Best is utilizing the stock.
4 minutes ago, Mr YumYums said:

I would not suggest that ufo one. It has one bulb for both the taillight and license plate light. Kind of sucks. Not bright at all. I've tried nearly everything for the wr in terms of taillights. Best is utilizing the stock.

Maybe but I cut off the license plate portion as I don' need it, just wanted a tail light that wasn't on top of the fender, a looks thing. It does have a brake light bulb and seems to work ok, guess I'm not too concerned if it's not terribly bright.

Could always try the tusk dual sport one. I used it and it's actually quite nice. The tusk dual sport lighting is originally what I bought. The light is LED, so lots of life, durability and brightness. I looped my 450 doing 50 or 55 on the road and the housing to the LEDs of the tusk taillight broke off but the lights survived and worked afterwards!