Hixpania Hard Enduro 2017 Results

Graham-Jarvis-%E2%80%93-Rockstar-Energy-

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Extreme Enduro Star Tops the Podium in Spain

November 5, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider Graham Jarvis has claimed victory at the 2017 Hixpania Hard Enduro in northern Spain. Putting in one of his season’s best rides, Graham’s teammate Billy Bolt finished fourth overall.

For the second edition of the Hixpania Hard Enduro, the racing was staged over three days. Friday saw competitors battle it out on a SuperEnduro-styled course in the town square of Aguilar de Campoo. Saturday delivered a 48-kilometre enduro loop around the nearby lake to be ridden three times.

Sunday’s main event was a short 15-minute extreme loop, raced over a two-hour 30-minute duration. With points allocated per race, an overall classification of the three days determined this year’s Hixpania champion.

Getting his event off to a slow start, Jarvis placed an unusual seventh in the Friday prologue. Picking up things to end up fourth on Saturday, Graham knew only victory on the third and final day would help his chances of winning this year’s Hixpania Hard Enduro.

Last away in the Le Mans style start, he steadily began to pick riders off as the race progressed. By mid-distance he had climbed up to fourth and was beginning to find his pace. With two laps to go, Jarvis launched his attack for victory and managed to break away. With an impossible climb delivering the final sting in the tail for the race, he was the first to reach the top. In doing so he also took the overall event win.

For Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Billy Bolt, the Hixpania Hard Enduro marked his final outdoor race of 2017 and arguably his best performance of the season. Fast from the off, 19-year-old Bolt battled hard in the Friday night prologue for victory. Challenging eventual winner Jonny Walker all the way, only a very small crash at the end cost him a shot at winning. Billy eventually slipped back to third in the prologue.

Riding strong during Saturday’s race, Bolt enjoyed his fair share of the lead in the opening lap. A rear moose issue on lap two dropped him back, but fixing the issue at the service point, he regrouped strongly to claim fifth.

For Sunday’s main event, Bolt took the holeshot and led lap one. Racing hard with Alfredo Gomez during the first hour and then also Jonny Walker during the latter half of the race, Bolt held his nerve on the final climb to take second on the day and secure a strong fourth overall.

Graham-Jarvis-%E2%80%93-Rockstar-Energy-

Graham Jarvis: “I honestly wasn’t expecting to win this one today. Coming into the final race, Sunday’s extreme race, I was about fourth overall in the points classification and so thought the overall win was out of reach. My plan was to just fight for the win in this race and see what happened. I was actually the last rider to reach my bike at the start and so was last away. I picked off a few riders quickly enough and to be honest it helped not leading. I could read the tracks the guys had made and managed to avoid some of their mistakes with line choices. The top four riders bunched up at about the halfway point and then with about two laps to go I got into the lead and pushed on. The final hillclimb was pretty much impossible. But luckily I got there first and was roped up. I just had to watch and see what would unfold next. Jonny Walker had a crash and dropped to fourth. We tied on points but my win was enough for victory. I’m really happy with that because Hixpania was one of the few hard enduro races I’d yet to win.”

Billy-Bolt-Rockstar-Energy-Husqvarna-Fac

Billy Bolt: “I’ve really enjoyed racing here at Hixpania for the first time. I would have loved to sign off on my 2017 hard enduro season with a podium result but fourth is good and I feel like I put in my best ride of the year. Friday’s prologue was a lot of fun. It was a short superenduro course in the town square. I battled all race with Jonny. Initially I finished second but then there was some confusion with the results and I dropped to third. Saturday was a bit up and down. I ran into moose trouble on lap two of three and slipped way back. But once we fixed the problem I clawed my way back to fifth. For Sunday’s extreme race, I got the holeshot and led on lap one. Alfredo was pushing hard but I was able to run his pace. We swapped positions plenty of times and in the final hour there were four of us fighting for the win. On the final climb I managed to get up to where we needed to be roped up in second place. But things got a bit hectic and ropes got tangled. I nearly lost my position but managed to drag my way across the finish line to place second in the race behind Graham.”

Results — Hixpania Hard Enduro 2017

1. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 
2. Jonny Walker (KTM)
3. Alfredo Gomez (KTM)
4. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna) 
5. Mario Roman (Sherco)

Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.

Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna Motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Mattighofen, Austria since 2013.

Rockstar Energy Drink

Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active lifestyles – from Athletes to Rockstars. Available in over 20 flavors at convenience and grocery outlets in over 30 countries, Rockstar supports the Rockstar lifestyle across the globe through Action Sports, Motor Sports, and Live Music. For more information visit: www.RockstarEnergy.com

Source: Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH
husqvarna-motorcycles-banner.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Casing-daily said:

FOR SALE- -Brand new factory KTM, bike has been babied.  Will include new rear fender.  Best offer or trade for tattoo. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

FOR SALE- -Brand new factory KTM, bike has been babied.  Will include new rear fender.  Best offer or trade for tattoo. 

"Course worker shitstains professionally removed"

• Like 5

Read a good article with him today. He had an interview talking about how the state of off-road/xtreme enduro and how there's only 3 factory teams (Ktm, husky, sherco). Maybe the demise of enduro gp will bring some more factory teams into hard enduros which is what people like to ride/watch these days anyway. Look at how popular Tennessee knock out got....

Pretty funny how he didn't have a ride and they named him fifth when he finished with the others at that lame Romaniacs where they all "tied". Lol. 

https://issuu.com/enduro21.com/docs/enduro_illustrated_25/2?ff=true&e=15066372/54581894

• Like 6

So this was a close race, that last hill should have been a no help zone imo. 

On November 14, 2017 at 1:38 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

Damn, those sections got bombed out quick lol.

I saw a lot more shercos in there than betas did you notice that? :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hmm, funny how things have worked out this season. I caught crap some months ago because my man, Graham, was winning, and I was gushing about it. "Just wait till Johnny comes back, that old man will be done" is what I kept hearing.

Still waiting...

42 years old and King of the Hard Enduro world,

Again.

I like Johnny, but IMO it can't be overstated how incredible it is that Graham is in his 40's and riding like he is. I say this because I am also in my 40's.

And I hurt more everyday lol.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Smokey-McCringleberry said:

They just got the same one and told the rider to change jersey :smirk:

you want to feel real good? Compare to kawasaki, honda Suzuki and Yamaha!:lol::thumbsup::ride:

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

He is an inspiring dude no doubt. He really did work the whole field this year without question. Worked them. Johnny has to be sour.

I often remind riding buddies how old graham is when they start making excuses about age. No reason to ride vet class if your less than 42 unless you have sandstone vaginititis. 

15 minutes ago, Smokey-McCringleberry said:

He is an inspiring dude no doubt. He really did work the whole field this year without question. Worked them. Johnny has to be sour.

I often remind riding buddies how old graham is when they start making excuses about age. No reason to ride vet class if your less than 42 unless you have sandstone vaginititis. 

You say this when you are 42. Until then guys wont relate how a body is at an older age. How old are you now? I’m 58 and Im realizing how much more pain is involved getting harder each day. I still have a few friends in their mid 60s and early 70s so Im using them at role models. Still I have way more friends that have dropped out of the sport ..and lots just dying..I go to way more funerals these days.

Graham is amazing.. and at the top of the hardest dirtbike racing in the world. Just to win one of those big hard enduro events is an amazing feat. I’m going to use graham and other older athletes as feed for me improving.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Smokey-McCringleberry said:

Nobody wants to race Beaters, especially the no kickstart 2018 250 / 300.  Only the gullible types like @hawaiidirtrider think that's a good idea.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Smokey-McCringleberry said:

Roids

Listen to him lug that 300 and still haul ass.  Anyone that tells you 300s are slow or lazy don't know how to ride them.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 3