Vital 250F shootout

6 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

So the ktm/husky is the lightest and most powerful, nobody is surprised. 

White KTM got owned by Honda and Yamaha in the shootout.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

White KTM got owned by Honda and Yamaha in the shootout.

Vitards put two of basically same bike in very different positions.  They deserve their nickname.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Vitards put two of basically same bike in very different positions.  They deserve their nickname.

Dirt Rider did it too though, the subframe / airbox are a lot different than orange.

While not all 250s get through their bottom ends quickly, usually a moderate amount of clutch work can fix that and get the train rolling. But on the Husky it didn't seem to matter how much I mashed the clutch...the bike just didn't bark to life like I would've wanted. I say this as I tried both maps, and not even the second more aggressive mapping provided a cure. Also to clarify, this engine feel isn't apparent at lower gears as the engine has enough power to jet through first and second gear, but starts to become a bit more obvious in third gear and ultimately becomes a problem for me once fourth is reached.

They’re not just going to automatically put the Husky 2nd if the KTM wins, even though that’s how you think it should work.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

Dirt Rider did it too though, the subframe / airbox are a lot different than orange.

Everyone knows you can open the air box up if you want.  The choice/options is good..

• Like 4

I like the look of the Husky chart the best, but then again, it just goes to show you dyno charts are not the end all.  Wonder how that Honda will do pulling out of tight corners, does not look great.

• Like 1

They complain about the husky struggling and you see that power curve of the CRF ?I would say last year's crf was better

• Like 1

Yeah I read that earlier. The h9nda has a seriously messed up power curve. I like the bike though.

• Like 1

I've rode the husky and the ktm back to back on a soft track , they make too much of the different airbox etc , on the track it's the same ,they are the same bike and do the same thing

• Like 2

The funny thing was for the last 4 years they were complaining about not enough top end power in the CRF. Honda goes and fixes that blowing away other brands with its over-rev and they still aren't happy. "You got to use the clutch in some corners but with the ktm..."
Try riding a 125.

I feel kinda bad for Suzuki. To be in that industry you have to just constantly be changing your products.

• Like 3

The funny thing was for the last 4 years they were complaining about not enough top end power in the CRF. Honda goes and fixes that blowing away other brands with its over-rev and they still aren't happy. "You got to use the clutch in some corners but with the ktm..."
Try riding a 125.

I feel kinda bad for Suzuki. To be in that industry you have to just constantly be changing your products.

More like constantly lining pockets.
  • Like 1

After there 450 mess, I'll take bike advice from a random five year old before them.

• Like 3

I don't see how the KTM and Husky can be that far apart. I understand that the airbox chokes the Husky up a bit and takes away some of the response, but having ridden the KTM, it doesn't exactly rev fast either. That is really my only knock on the bike, as it is otherwise fantastic. The KTM is super easy to ride, even with it's power which favors the upper rpms. It's not hard to keep it there, but for a 250F, I much prefer the YZF's super-lively power. It revs so fast and just seems like you can do no wrong. It does fall off a bit way up top, which can be a tad annoying, but such is life with a 250F. I personally think the Yami is the best bike, I'd take it 10 out of 10 times. I have no problem with the KTM winning as it brings a lot to the table, whereas the YZ does have a few things that you need to 'deal with.' But I do think the Husky and KTM are so close that it is somewhat ridiculous for them to be so far apart in the shootouts. 

• Like 2

Dont the ktm and husky both come with ridiculous gearing? If so and they didnt at least gear them right, then the test is not well done. 

Try riding a 125.

The tiny bit of overrev is all the CRF has.....it's way down on power only matches the others for a few 1000rpm ,even good 250f riders don't ride where it makes power all the time , that's a slow engine imo , probably the worst in history of 250f ? I've never seen an engine give up so much bottom and mid , and it's way heavier than some 450s
  • Like 4