GET IN ON THIS! Read more... ×

Front Tire Recommendations for Desert - Lucerne, Johnson Valley, Ocotillo Wells

Up until recently I ran a Maxxis Desert IT on my CRF250X, was fine in dry weather, quite durable in rocks and occasional pavement

but this year find myself riding later in the season and found it dangerous in the wet, fallen leaves, mud etc.

Before my last ride I switched to a MotoZ Enduro I/T, find it way more predictable in above mentioned conditions.

I really like the Maxxis IT rear, but would not buy a front again. Durability is nice but so is not wiping out!

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

The Goldentyre is available in three sizes...  the very popular FATTY 90/100-21...  the RAZOR 80/100-21...  and the MID-SIZED 90/90-21 (width of the FATTY...  height of the RAZOR). 

There are cheaper front tires...  none better.

• Like 1

@Jeff aka Bolt would you recommend the Fatty? or stick with the standard size 80/100/21 which is what my bike came with (not sure of the pro's and con's of each)

18 minutes ago, Jim Dandy said:

@Jeff aka Bolt would you recommend the Fatty? or stick with the standard size 80/100/21 which is what my bike came with (not sure of the pro's and con's of each)

Fatty gives you more protection...  floats on sand better...  sticks to rocks, off camber and claws over everything.  For your bike and desert riding I'd def start there.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt
  • Like 3

I need new tires for my YZ450F.  I ride dry desert and prepped motocross.  What is the best option and can you give me a price shipped to 87110?  

26 minutes ago, luckyguy19 said:

I need new tires for my YZ450F.  I ride dry desert and prepped motocross.  What is the best option and can you give me a price shipped to 87110?  

Riding any significant amount of Track you want the 80/100-21.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1