Searching for fork caps- 2002 XL 200

XL 200

Pretty simple issue, Previous owner mangled the Fork Caps pretty well. 
I managed to get them off with a huge pipe wrench and an annoying amount of effort.

oil seals replaced, and gold valves in, but Im not closing those things up with those caps!

Everywhere I'm looking online is listing the OEM caps at $55 or more.

Has anyone else had to replace them? Where did you go?

I can clean them up with a grinder and drill a hole horizontally through the head with the press so they can be opened with a spanner, but id rather just replace them.

what thread size fork caps are on the bike ?

eBay

The XL200 was not available in North America but it probably shared a lot of parts with other 200s. We also don't have access to part fiche for models not sold in NA, but I do have a Honda cross reference data base for NA and can search part numbers.

What is the Honda part number for the caps?

You know Chuck, you just jogged my memory saying that. The front end of the XL is the same as the CRF230 I think.

Thanks for chiming in, I would've spaced and bought the wrong size caps since the Fork tubes are 37mm on the XL anyway.

So looking at an OEM dealers schematics that would make it part number : 51450-KAS-901

what size is the thread on the cap ?

That is a CRF230F part number.

8 hours ago, Chuck. said:

This is where I found it, ref number: 17 its listed as the fiche for the XL200. 

First time working on a bike outside the US, so not having access to shop manuals and English language parts dealers has been a pain.

Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 12.22.10 PM.png

Sorry, SOANZ Thread pitch is 1.5mm

Curious, What does that tell you?

15 hours ago, Chuck. said:

What I should have said is the part number is listed in my database as a NA CRF230 part, it is also on the NA CRF230F part fiche.  Honda likes to reuse parts across models, here is a useful link on the Honda part numbering scheme. http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/BHondaPartNumbers.htm

On 11/12/2017 at 7:00 PM, Chuck. said:

What I should have said is the part number is listed in my database as a NA CRF230 part, it is also on the NA CRF230F part fiche.  Honda likes to reuse parts across models, here is a useful link on the Honda part numbering scheme. http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/BHondaPartNumbers.htm

Gotcha! 

Ill give that read, Thanks for the info!