Revloc Auto Clutch

All - I purchased my 2008 300 XCW in July.  It has a Revloc auto clutch, which I absolutely love.  I know its not a Rekluse because Rekluse requires the extended cover to accommodate the internals, and I still have stock clutch cover.  The original owner installed the Revloc and removed the clutch lever altogether.  I'm the 3rd owner and have no way to contact the OP directly.  I received the original hydraulic clutch lever, cable, slave cylinder rod, clutch plates, etc.  Finding any sort of support for the Revloc is tough, since they're currently 'out of business' due to the whole Revloc/Rekluse patent issue.  They seem to be alive in Australia.  I've reached out to them, along with the dealership from where my bike was originally purchased, whom I believe installed the Revloc.  Essentially I want to know:

• Which model of Revloc I have (DynaRing, LT, standard, etc)
  • If/how I can reinstall the clutch lever.  Its currently tough to pop the front wheel for rocks/logs, and I want this ability.  I have my powervalve configured using the yellow spring, flush, but its still tough to lift the front on rebound.

If anyone is using the Revloc with clutch lever, I'd love to hear from you and pick your brain.  Many thanks.

Edited by JFjeld

since the newer rekluse uses a special hydraulic slave that is adjustable, you might be able to buy just the slaVE  from rekluse and that would probably allow you to reinstall the clutch

20 hours ago, Cavi said:

since the newer rekluse uses a special hydraulic slave that is adjustable, you might be able to buy just the slaVE  from rekluse and that would probably allow you to reinstall the clutch

I appreciate the suggestion, but for what reason do you think Rekluse parts will work with the Revloc?  My understanding is they are completely different products, from competing companies.

I appreciate the suggestion, but for what reason do you think Rekluse parts will work with the Revloc?  My understanding is they are completely different products, from competing companies.

What would you need your hammer for then?

Well, if you don't know what it is, it could be an EFM also: http://efmautoclutch.com/dirt

And really, just take it apart and look?  That'll solve the first problem of not know wtf you have... As to modifying for clutch over-ride, that could be tricky, depending on what it is.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 3:24 PM, JFjeld said:

How do you know it’s a Revlock? It could be just a Rekluse 2.0 or 3.0 ring or a z-start, these don’t necessarily need a larger cover, in the case of the z-start it could just have a thicker gasket on the cover. If it is a Revlock the Rekluse slave cylinder may work as all it needs to do is preload the clutch (basically hold it open), it’s not installed in the clutch itself.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, JFjeld said:

All - I purchased my 2008 300 XCW in July.  It has a Revloc auto clutch, which I absolutely love.  I know its not a Rekluse because Rekluse requires the extended cover to accommodate the internals, and I still have stock clutch cover.  The original owner installed the Revloc and removed the clutch lever altogether.  I'm the 3rd owner and have no way to contact the OP directly.  I received the original hydraulic clutch lever, cable, slave cylinder rod, clutch plates, etc.  Finding any sort of support for the Revloc is tough, since they're currently 'out of business' due to the whole Revloc/Rekluse patent issue.  They seem to be alive in Australia.  I've reached out to them, along with the dealership from where my bike was originally purchased, whom I believe installed the Revloc.  Essentially I want to know:

• Which model of Revloc I have (DynaRing, LT, standard, etc)
  • If/how I can reinstall the clutch lever.  Its currently tough to pop the front wheel for rocks/logs, and I want this ability.  I have my powervalve configured using the yellow spring, flush, but its still tough to lift the front on rebound.

If anyone is using the Revloc with clutch lever, I'd love to hear from you and pick your brain.  Many thanks.

Had the Revloc DynaRing in my 08 250xc ! Made a few adjustments over a 2 month time,didn't really care for it. You could override it with the clutch lever but it was a harder pull. What was really strange was if you got hard on the gas there was a lot of play in the lever.

• Like 1