Dislocated my shoulder yesterday

That shit hurts now im outta riding for at least a month. Was riding and jumped off a step down that was about 5 feet down. Didnt gas it hard enough and the nose came down first. Put all my weight on the handle bars and locked my left elbow and my shoulder popped right out. Went limp and i could only hold on with my right hand whisky throttked it and bailed. Shit hurt so bad when i popped it back in.my buddy is a dick and was laughing the whole time haha.Anyone else out there got any cool injury stories.

Most of us have injury stories, but I really don't consider mine cool, just hopefully lessons learned and passed on to others so they can hopefully learn from my eff ups.

Yeah my lessom learned was, ALWAYS make sure your joints are bent and loose when riding. Im glad it wasnt my knee

Be careful, pops out much easier the second time. How old are you?

Yup had several injuries. I track ride so it’s much more common. Fractured both ankles, fractured wrist, internal bleeding because of broken ribs, severe bruising on my pelvis, burst discs in my back, and most recent is a blown knee. I’m only 17 as well. Sport is brutal but I wouldn’t change anything.

Im 23, thats what i hear  I plan to rehab it completely before i do anything stupid. Told my buddy that i dont regret the experience and that a hard lesson learned is the best type of lesson learned.

10 hours ago, RyanC32 said:

Yup had several injuries. I track ride so it’s much more common. Fractured both ankles, fractured wrist, internal bleeding because of broken ribs, severe bruising on my pelvis, burst discs in my back, and most recent is a blown knee. I’m only 17 as well. Sport is brutal but I wouldn’t change anything.

Yea ever since first ridong offroad a year and a half ago i have broken a rib, seperated a rib, dislocated shoulder, and plenty of sprained ankles and wrists. Dirtbikes are dangerous for sure, but thats why its fun! Anyways at 17 you need to quit crashing bro haha or you wont live long

19 hours ago, DD9428 said:

Yea ever since first ridong offroad a year and a half ago i have broken a rib, seperated a rib, dislocated shoulder, and plenty of sprained ankles and wrists. Dirtbikes are dangerous for sure, but thats why its fun! Anyways at 17 you need to quit crashing bro haha or you wont live long

I would rather live a shorter life full of good times doing what I love to do than grow old wishing I did what I wanted to do when I was young. Injuries are just apart of life. If I did die riding my bike I wouldn’t have any regrets.

I’ve had a bad year for injuries. I haven’t been hurt too bad on a dirt bike before this, only a spiral fractured tibia on the MTB. That one sucked I was off the bike from mid July to febuary.

First injury this year was a separated shoulder. There was this hill I never saw and I decided to do it. There’s 2 lines, left just is the hill it’s pretty easy. Right is the hill then a log with 2 feet of air under it and the log is about a foot around. The trail was pretty worn on the left and it didn’t seem like many people went off the right... wonder why lol. I’m 16 and I can’t pass up almost any hill lol so I decide to try. Got some speed maybe 20 mph, front tire cleared but back tire caught good. Sent me flying in the air and landed on my left shoulder. Looking back I don’t really know if it’s possible to clear. Maybe a good mx rider could seat bounce good or whatever but the hill isn’t steep enough for me to get over it. Got a free passenger demo ride in a side by side and a nice sling out of it. Took 3 weeks maybe to heal I forget.

Beginning of September high point had an open ride. Tracks sick btw. Not sure if anyone’s familiar but there’s this step up right before the big quad. It’s not too bad just looks kinda sketchy because the face is pretty fricken steep. Mid way through the day I started hitting it. Tagged my back end a little but wasn’t too bad. End of the day I was in the wrong gear coming down to it. Maybe I could of cleared it in that gear idk but at the time I didn’t think so. Somehow I missed the back brake with my foot so I just had enough speed to mess me up but not nearly enough to clear it. Landed and I knew I jacked something up in my ankle I didn’t know how bad. Pulled off for a minute and thought I was good. I finished that practice session and was sitting in the truck and I could barely walk. Well it was just an overextension. Only took a couple days to heal but it hurt like a bitch first day.

Im 23, thats what i hear  I plan to rehab it completely before i do anything stupid. Told my buddy that i dont regret the experience and that a hard lesson learned is the best type of lesson learned.

I popped mine out first time at 23. Let it rest, no rehab and it was good to go. Then at 29 I popped it again pretty easily in a crash. Couldn't keep it in after that. Just had it fixed in February and it's great. Surgeon said rehab after the first dislocation would have really helped. Build up those rotator muscles!

I feel for You! 

Nine weeks ago I wrecked and dislocated my left shoulder and hit my head. I was out cold on the side of the trail and suffered a moderate concussion to boot. Here's to quick healing and take it slow as you get back on the bike!