LAB2V 450X

Ok I’m going to build an 06 450X for the LAB2V. What are the things in definetly need to do to be able to make it to the end?? Besides laying off cheeseburgers and getting into shape. Thanks for the help in advance

My thoughts FWIW,
Bash Plate (lots of boulders. Better to not put a hole in the case)
Hand Guards (help prevent broken levers/perches)
Longer range tank (don't know for sure what the distances between fuel are, but it's something to consider)
Radiator Fan (if the weather's warm, slow, technical sections will heat the bike up pretty quickly)
Sharkfin (protects rear brake rotor)
Consider a steering stabilizer if you're really planning to go high speed.
Wider pegs will help with fatigue. Especially if your boot soles are not super stiff.

Keep transmission oil over-filled. Earlier 450X's had a problem with oil starvation in the gears. (google it for more accurate info)

Hope that provides some food for thought. Good luck!
Trent

All good advice,

I would add, radiator guards to that list

I’m shooting for next year. But getting started now. Building a bike is never cheap so I have to spread it out. But want to build something that will last and be able to handle this type event. I don’t know why. But I like the long “you’re crazy” kind of events.

All the above advice is solid...however, remember this isn't the B to V of old...this is a dual sport event, not an all out race.

If you are looking for a race closer to the old b to v race check out the Vegas to Reno race. Good luck

Hows the build coming along?