Can these Pegs (Ti) be Saved?

Really don’t wanna buy a new set as I love these things.. not to mention I don’t want to drop the dough on a new set... any chance these worn down sections could be sharpened without compromising the integrity of the peg? Or has anyone ever used the weld-on Peg extensions? Think WC makes em..suppose that might not work seeing as they are wider than the stock dimensions.

Btw seems as though the front row of teeth are the only ones I use lol

Thanks in advance!

IMG_4928.jpgIMG_4927.jpg

you can sharpen them but they will get thinner and weaker. i'd sharpen them up and try to get some more time out of them if it was me!

Almost no injury is worth saving a couple hund to me, I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Pegs are a safety issue in my (humble) opinion.

Almost no injury is worth saving a couple hund to me, I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Pegs are a safety issue in my (humble) opinion.

Couldn’t have said it better myself— this is a safety concern in my eyes, which is why I’ll end up replacing them unfortunately. I️ think these are made by Light speed, probably a couple hundred hours on them... they don’t shred boots like raptors, so I️ might just stick with em!
2 minutes ago, dirtscoot26 said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself— this is a safety concern in my eyes, which is why I’ll end up replacing them unfortunately. I️ think these are made by Light speed, probably a couple hundred hours on them... they don’t shred boots like raptors, so I️ might just stick with em!

:thumbsup:

I typed that as I sit here cycling ice/heat on my right foot after a nasty get-off last Friday, hoping I can rehab it enough to take my boys snowboarding this weekend like I promised.  Unfortunately I couldn't have avoided it by making a good decision...unless that decision isn't to ride at all - not an option! :ride:

Those are not ti pegs. They are late model 4 stoke pegs. They are less than 100 bucks a set new or you can pick them up lightly used on ebay for 40 to 50.

20171107_195913.jpg

Those are not ti pegs. They are late model 4 stoke pegs. They are less than 100 bucks a set new or you can pick them up lightly used on ebay for 40 to 50.

20171107_195913.thumb.jpg.d4e80987133eaa1fbf19b4e5cf042f5f.jpg

They certainly are amigo, lightspeed allowed Yamaha to sell them as gytr oversized 57mm Ti pegs. You can’t see the welds or the bluing so I️ could see how you’d think that

:thumbsup:

I typed that as I sit here cycling ice/heat on my right foot after a nasty get-off last Friday, hoping I can rehab it enough to take my boys snowboarding this weekend like I promised.  Unfortunately I couldn't have avoided it by making a good decision...unless that decision isn't to ride at all - not an option! :ride:

Hey kudos to you, most would sulk in pain and forego the slopes haha. Body definitely recovers quicker for those who are active as opposed to those who aren’t!
48 minutes ago, dirtscoot26 said:

Looking To go oversized, size 13 at 6 1 makes the bike wayy more comfortable- thanks though!

There are plenty of oversized ti pegs if thats what your looking for. Just have to look 4 Ur self to see what you want. And they are under 100 bucks that your doctor bill would not be under if the ones you have fail. 

Just saying. 

There are plenty of oversized ti pegs if thats what your looking for. Just have to look 4 Ur self to see what you want. And they are under 100 bucks that your doctor bill would not be under if the ones you have fail. 
Just saying. 

Yeah for sure, 30+ broken bones has made safety my first priority.. also almost lost one of my best friends from a mechanical mishap..not worth putting off a preventative risk when there’s inherently already so much that can go wrong while riding haha

Why do you need to replace them with Ti pegs? Just get steel ones, they will be cheaper and last longer... and no, you won’t be able to feel the weight difference while riding.

Why do you need to replace them with Ti pegs? Just get steel ones, they will be cheaper and last longer... and no, you won’t be able to feel the weight difference while riding.

Haha yeah I️ know, I️ actually bought this pair used off my friends dad. I️ was impressed with how long they stayed sharp, loved the feel of them. I’d actually prefer not to get Raptor or Pro pegs cause I️ can’t be thrashing tech 10s every 4 months.. not to mention removing chunks of flesh from my body like scalpel haha. Open to ideas, thought of going with the pro taper ones as I️ get a good deal, also like that I️ could swap the cleats out for -5mm to open up the cockpit a bit more

I worked at a titanium production plant for 29 years and was surrounded by titanium from age 20 till early retirement at age 49. During those years I did a lot of ti welding in one of the many weld tanks. If I was still working there I would offer to repair your pegs for free as a fellow dirtbike rider. "Home projects" like titanium foot peg repair we're smiled on by my co-workers. Titanium welds beautifully inside a weld tank and 6/4 alloy titanium (6 % aluminum /4% vanadium) has the perfect hardness in it's annealed state, and an experienced welder could make your pegs like new in about a half an hour and still retain its structural integrity.

I'm thinking of making a small weld tank to go with my Miller syncrowave 250 tig welder in my home workshop to be able to weld ti again...

Randy

That’s pretty badass, I️ appreciate the art of welding.. even more so when it’s with semi precious metals n related to dirt bikes! Haha — get that goin n you can refurbish the 300 dollar pegs, there’d prolly be a demand given their price point new

Tusk makes a decent set with replaceable teeth. They sit a little higher than my previous fastway pegs but I like them and they are only $65 on RMATV. 

3 hours ago, wr450f_burgh said:

Tusk makes a decent set with replaceable teeth. They sit a little higher than my previous fastway pegs but I like them and they are only $65 on RMATV. 

Indeed they do, and I love the set I have, however, they are aluminum, not titanium.

Got a half decent deal n decided to go with the pro pegs from works Connection(made by scar racing in France I believe). 60mm so 3mm wider than standard wide pegs. I know I know I’m going to get mutilated by them or at the very least my boots will.. it’s a risk I’m willing to take with how comfortable of a platform they provide.. didn’t think 3mm would make a big difference, but that combined with how well they keep your feet planted I’d say noticeable improvement over the lightspeed Ti pegs that these replaced! cheers

IMG_5220.jpg.e0be267c96a5948749272a76610270b4.jpgIMG_5222.jpg.7ad494f2e2e767ca7b7b9671666024ab.jpgIMG_5220.jpg.e0be267c96a5948749272a76610270b4.jpgIMG_5221.jpg.f901e7e7ea721e32500af28003bcfff9.jpg

Wowza.  My Fox Instinct boots would last about an hour on those!