New to the 2004 cr125 carburetor, what is the electrical connector operate?

I'm looking for some advice/info on the 04 cr125 carb, it's unlike the other 2 stroke carbs I'm used to. It seems to have a mechanism that's electrically controlled.What is this? Can I convert it to a standard 125 carb?

20171107_171057.jpg20171107_171052.jpg

simply no, tps and no

No it is not electronically controlled, the position of the throttle is read by this sensor.  Throttle Position Sensor.  You do not want to remove it as the ecu requires this input in addition to rpm to control the ignition timing.  It may also have an influence on the power valve (RC VALVE), but i'm not sure.  This is something that makes the bike better compared to older narrower power band two strokes.

simply no, tps and no
No it is not electronically controlled, the position of the throttle is read by this sensor.  Throttle Position Sensor.  You do not want to remove it as the ecu requires this input in addition to rpm to control the ignition timing.  It may also have an influence on the power valve (RC VALVE), but i'm not sure.  This is something that makes the bike better compared to older narrower power band two strokes.

Ok thank you for the info that makes more sense I guess. I had no idea Honda did this, was it only for the 2004?

It is TPS for ignition mapping only. Allows you to create a forward or rearwards postion in the two dimensional mapping grid of ignition advance/retard.

It is very sensitive to change. Much less than 1mm of movement will put it way out of range for the best throttle response.

It is TPS for ignition mapping only. Allows you to create a forward or rearwards postion in the two dimensional mapping grid of ignition advance/retard.
It is very sensitive to change. Much less than 1mm of movement will put it way out of range for the best throttle response.

Thank you for the great explanation

Yep, as already mentioned it's for the Throttle Position Sensor which was only for the one year (2004) on the CR125's but was on the CR250's for a few years I believe.

You can convert from the Mikuni carb to a Keihin PWK AirStriker which JD Jetting sell, and I would recommend it as it's easier to jet and provides noticeable increases in crispness and power. I also had trouble with the throttle slide on the Mikuni's cracking pieces off and getting sucked into the engine. I own an '04 CR125 myself and made the switch to a Keihin back in 2011, I have owned the bike for coming up 8 years and it now has close to 400 hours on it. 

The Keihin has no TPS attached to it and therefore the wiring is not needed, why this I don't know but James Dean said it was fine to leave it off.

Hope this helps!