Time to upgrade.

Well after a 6 year hiatus from riding, several months ago I decided to pick up a bike and get back into MX again. First ride I was once again hooked. Will be upgrading from my current 2015 CRF450R to a 2017 CRF450R. Here's a pic of the current ride I will be saying goodby to. Now I just have to grind my way through a very long and cold winter.

2015 CRF450R5.jpg

Your 15 looks mint & is only 2 yrs. old.  I'm in the process of upgrading my 10 model to an 18, but that is 8 yrs. of R&D that have passed.  Looking forward to see how the new Honda will feel in comparison.   Ride Red...

On 11/7/2017 at 10:11 PM, H4L said:

Your 15 looks mint & is only 2 yrs. old.  I'm in the process of upgrading my 10 model to an 18, but that is 8 yrs. of R&D that have passed.  Looking forward to see how the new Honda will feel in comparison.   Ride Red...

Yeah, it's in great shape. However, I've had a lot of issues with the forks and correcting them is going to cost me a fair chunk of change. It has at times been quite twitchy up front and I can't seem to tune that issue out of it. Everything else on the bike is great. That said, the 17 is supposed to be head and shoulders above the 15/16 models so I am going to treat myself with a new 17. Not interested in the 18 simply due to the lack of kickstarter and the price of the battery. I can't wait!!!:ride:

Edited by mxr73