Weird 250L issue

It's hard to explain so I'll try this.

Cruise @ 60 and punch it for a top speed run = about 75-77.

Slow run up to 70(on interstate for example) and if I don't pin it I can cruise @ 80-83.

Feather it I get more speed vs having it pegged.

This is probably more due to your body position, I ride the L 100 miles a day to work and back and 40 miles if they I have the throttle pined full with a bungee cord type throttle lock. 80-85 on flat it I tuck my legs and up on back pegs and drive with my hands crossed head tucked. I usually drive holding the triple clamp near the gas tank.

I d feel the issue you talk about and I explained that if you are sitting upright with a lot of wind the bike actually feels like it accelerated faster if the throttle is slightly off from full, or it just is waist but I really think it slow the bike some if you try to over feed it throttle, if that makes sense. This is probably just a result if the ecu program, it can control the fuel but we control the air and for gas economy it’s not going to pour more fuel in if the bike can’t use it. Plus this would foul the catalyst in the exhaust.

Just my theory...

Wish I had an answer for you Wes but I'm just a YouTube mechanic. Maybe also post this in the general dirt bike section, it'll get a lot more exposure.

Is it a stock LRP or do you have an EJK on it ? Mine is stock and does what it is supposed to. If you have an EJK...maybe the settings are off.

This seems obvious to me now but my clutch has been feeling a bit weak these days.

I swapped in a upgraded clutch and stronger springs.. Problems solved. 

If I accelerated normally like on the interstate it held just fine but when running up to speed it didn't have that last 4-5mph. 

The new clutch is insanely better than the stock 250R clutch that was in there.

• Like 1

Ahha, ya that does seem pretty obvious now that you mention it. Glad you got it sorted.

On 11/13/2017 at 10:08 AM, Crapflinger said:

judder spring strikes again!

250R engine.. Pretty sure it doesn't have one.

Silly me for thinking a question titled "weird 250l issue" in the 250l section of the forum would have something to do with a 250l engine. Guess I should have assumed everyone would do a 250r swap....for some weird reason

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Crapflinger said:

Silly me for thinking a question titled "weird 250l issue" in the 250l section of the forum would have something to do with a 250l engine. Guess I should have assumed everyone would do a 250r swap....for some weird reason

Just saying it wasn't the judder spring.

Calm yo titties.

Also.

This seems obvious to me now but my clutch has been feeling a bit weak these days.

I swapped in a upgraded clutch and stronger springs.. Problems solved. 

If I accelerated normally like on the interstate it held just fine but when running up to speed it didn't have that last 4-5mph. 

The new clutch is insanely better than the stock 250R clutch that was in there.

Edited by CheapoWes

my tiddies is calm as they can be. just a silly idea that when one asks for opinions or help with an issue it's best to disclose as many variables as possible.

stock 250R clutch doesn't mean the entire engine was swapped. and just because someone does a clutch swap or clutch upgrade doesn't mean they didn't leave the judder spring that comes stock with the 250L in there.

5 hours ago, Ducky Dog said:

Im I getting this right?

Mr. CheapoWes has a 250R engine in his 250L chassis????

Yes.

Replaced the first one after the cam chain trashed the head/cams and cyl head.

CBR250r engines cost much less than 250L engines and are the same. Bike has 29,000 miles.

Edited by CheapoWes
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 10:39 PM, Ducky Dog said:

for some stooped reason I was assuming you put a crf250R engine in it

cbr does make more sense but a crf250r would be way nicer

for 10-20 hours..

100 miles at 70 wouldn't be pretty.