Looking for a ride this weekend

Looking to ride this weekend in NW Oregon this weekend, TSF, Trask, Nestucca, Shotgun, ...  My usual riding partners are busy this weekend and I feel the need to get out and play in the mud.  I am available Fri., Sat. or Sun.  If any one is going out any where nearby i would love to tag along for the day. If interested shoot me a message or reply here.

Thanks Russ, it does sound like fun and is definately a worthy cause.  I was hoping to stay a little closer to home this weekend, the 7-8 hours drive time to and fro is more than my schedule will allow this time.  I am also not sure what permits or stickers are needed to ride in your state and don't know if I would have time to aquire them.  

I am open Saturday or Sunday.  As far as skill level, I have never raced so I cant say A, B, or C level but I enjoy the more technical trails, probably from a trials background.  Usual riding is out of Ginger Creek in the Trask area.  I can make it up most trails we have found there.  I am not out to prove I'm fastest one out there just enjoy some challenging trails and spend the day out in the woods.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, cc181 said:

Thanks Russ, it does sound like fun and is definately a worthy cause.  I was hoping to stay a little closer to home this weekend, the 7-8 hours drive time to and fro is more than my schedule will allow this time.  I am also not sure what permits or stickers are needed to ride in your state and don't know if I would have time to aquire them.  

For future reference, your OR ohv tab is good to go in WA.

Joe

4 hours ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

For future reference, your OR ohv tab is good to go in WA.

Joe

For future referance, do you know if Arizona off road stickers are accepted up that way? May be coming up that way this summer with 2 Yamaha's in the bed for the Ford.

I am open Saturday or Sunday.  As far as skill level, I have never raced so I cant say A, B, or C level but I enjoy the more technical trails, probably from a trials background.  Usual riding is out of Ginger Creek in the Trask area.  I can make it up most trails we have found there.  I am not out to prove I'm fastest one out there just enjoy some challenging trails and spend the day out in the woods.

I could do a Sunday ride. Can you lead a good loop out of Ginger Creek?

4 hours ago, irme42day said:

For future referance, do you know if Arizona off road stickers are accepted up that way? May be coming up that way this summer with 2 Yamaha's in the bed for the Ford.

Yes, If WA can ride in AZ then AZ can ride in WA as WA has reciprocity.

NON-RESIDENT VEHICLE REGISTRATION and OHV DECAL: Whether an off-highway vehicle (OHV) operator is legal to operate an OHV in Arizona depends on their home state. If the machine follows the OHV registration/insurance and sticker requirements of the operator’s home state, it may be operated in Arizona for 30 consecutive days. and visa versa.

You could be checked for an  Oregon riders safety card (highly unlikely) can be acquired online though.

Oregon has reciprocity with the following.

Arizona         

California  Effective February 22, 2017 Non-California residents must comply with the California Air Resources Board Red Sticker riding season requirements. For more information, click here.
Additionally, here is a link to the bulletin and the site listing the riding schedule.

Idaho 

Nevada 

North Dakota 

Utah

Washington

Edited by RollieW
  • Like 2

Woods-Rider, I could meet there on Sunday.  Since there is no map of the area our usual mode is to hunt and search for trails so i can' t promise a loop per say. Our typical day usually consists of a fair amount of connecting roads in between trails, but there is a vast area to explore.  What time would you want to meet up there?

How does 9 work? I’ll be in a maroon f150 with a WR450 in the back.

Between the two of us I think we will make a decent loop

9 sounds good.  I'll be in a brown F350 with a KTM 300 in back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollieW said:

Yes, If WA can ride in AZ then AZ can ride in WA as WA has reciprocity.

NON-RESIDENT VEHICLE REGISTRATION and OHV DECAL: Whether an off-highway vehicle (OHV) operator is legal to operate an OHV in Arizona depends on their home state. If the machine follows the OHV registration/insurance and sticker requirements of the operator’s home state, it may be operated in Arizona for 30 consecutive days. and visa versa.

You could be checked for an  Oregon riders safety card (highly unlikely) can be acquired online though.

Oregon has reciprocity with the following.

Arizona         

California  Effective February 22, 2017 Non-California residents must comply with the California Air Resources Board Red Sticker riding season requirements. For more information, click here.
Additionally, here is a link to the bulletin and the site listing the riding schedule.

Idaho 

Nevada 

North Dakota 

Utah

Washington

Thanks for all the info. Who knows, if I can find someone to take care of the critters for a week or two, I might just go for a late summer or early fall tour.

4 hours ago, irme42day said:

Thanks for all the info. Who knows, if I can find someone to take care of the critters for a week or two, I might just go for a late summer or early fall tour.

I am riding Phoenix area December 15th through Jan 1 or thereabouts.

1 hour ago, RollieW said:

I'm in NW Az. in Golden Valley, many miles from PEEEE-nix, oops, Phoenix, just can't stand big cities.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollieW said:

Just a minute, if your driving down and going through Vegas and then south on 93 you will go through Golden Valley.