Issue? Or not an issue?

So I’ve got myself a 2018 300rr. It’s my first two stroke. It maybe just the two stroke part, but with this thing being oil injected I’m not sure. When I fire this thing up cold it smokes like crazy till it warms up a bit. Maude two three minutes. Then clears up and doesn’t really smoke at all? I know the older two strokes smoke a lot but like I said about the oil injection and I thought that cleaned them up a lot?? Anyone else have one? Noticed whether it smokes like crazy at start up?

• Like 1

I suggest to ride 10-15 hours with 'heavy' oil for pre-mix : motul 800 or belray , starting easy and going faster step by step each time you go out with your bike , never rev it or ride on high speeds for long times .

Then other 10-15 hours , easy-riding more or less , with GMotion oil , to clean cylinder , ev and pipe .

Then continue with GMotion or other oil.

Smoking is normal ...

1 hour ago, ged93 said:

I suggest to ride 10-15 hours with 'heavy' oil for pre-mix : motul 800 or belray , starting easy and going faster step by step each time you go out with your bike , never rev it or ride on high speeds for long times .

Then other 10-15 hours , easy-riding more or less , with GMotion oil , to clean cylinder , ev and pipe .

Then continue with GMotion or other oil.

Smoking is normal ...

I suggest not taking it easy on it during break in...

but that has been covered in 1000 other threads.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Mackmechanic said:

Yeah dealer had some premix in it when I got it. He also suggested motul. I’ve only got two hours on it so far. It’s cooled off here quiet sharply. Putting in a rekluse today so I’ll probably be riding sometime tonight for a bit. So how much premix should I run? 

100:1 is the suggestion from beta to put in the tank while breaking in.

On a side note, I️ got the rekluse in tonight. Clutch works great. The slave however is leaking at the bleeder around the base. Also leaks around the crush washers since I had to reuse my old ones because the ones they sent were too small to fit on the banjo bolt. I’m calling them in the morning. 

So I’ve got myself a 2018 300rr. It’s my first two stroke. It maybe just the two stroke part, but with this thing being oil injected I’m not sure. When I fire this thing up cold it smokes like crazy till it warms up a bit. Maude two three minutes. Then clears up and doesn’t really smoke at all? I know the older two strokes smoke a lot but like I said about the oil injection and I thought that cleaned them up a lot?? Anyone else have one? Noticed whether it smokes like crazy at start up?

I have a “Race” 2017 beta 300. Yes mine smokes also on start up. Mine isn’t oil injection. I think it’s normal for beta

Yeah dealer had some premix in it when I got it. He also suggested motul. I’ve only got two hours on it so far. It’s cooled off here quiet sharply. Putting in a rekluse today so I’ll probably be riding sometime tonight for a bit. So how much premix should I run? 

I use Motul 800. I’m really liking it. The more I find out and read. Very good reviews!

The dealer didn't put any premix in my initial tank either. Said it wasn't necessary but it clearly states a 1% mix for the first tank. My bike is running oil injection so I have the Motul 710. Any reason I couldn't add some 710 to the tank? I've only put a couple hours on it and gone through about 1/3 to 1/2 of the initial tank of fuel.

The dealer didn't put any premix in my initial tank either. Said it wasn't necessary but it clearly states a 1% mix for the first tank. My bike is running oil injection so I have the Motul 710. Any reason I couldn't add some 710 to the tank? I've only put a couple hours on it and gone through about 1/3 to 1/2 of the initial tank of fuel.

Somebody on here said a while back he mixed his first tank like you at 100:1 shoot I’d go 60:1 and ride it. I’m sure that 710 would be fine. Burn it rich.. can’t hurt it. I actually doubt it’s even nessasary but that’s what I would do
  • Like 1