05-06 yz125

2 hours ago, hpsailer124 said:

Let’s see those 05 to 06 yz125 builds. Just bought an 06 looking for ideas

Never did (probably never will) do an 05 up 125. But if you need swing arm bearing kit, I have a brand new AllBalls kit I will never use in stock. Will fit in a flat rate 8 dollar USPS box. 

this one has an eric gorr 144 with a cut head for 112 and the mo betta port job.
bike is insane. it pulls super solid in the mid range and revs out pretty far as well. not as far as a stock 125 but it still really sings. 
i love the bike to death. 

Bitchin. Any other mods to go along with the 144?

besides whats stated it's got oversized radiators unabiker braces gpi hoses hammer head shifter and brake pedal. applied top clamp g2 quick turn cam fatty and shorty. torc 1 brake lever. moose ez pull clutch perch scotts steering damper ims oversized tank (obviously) ufo plastic (would not recommend terrible fittament.) now has pirelli xc front tire tusk oversized front rotor and tusk wave rear rotor with the pirelli mx32 rear (again not pictured) g2 handguards cant think of much else. had a flywheel weight but it took too much high end rpm out of the bike. so i removed it. now has fastaway pegs as well.

12 minutes ago, ERabe said:

Built this '01 a while back, tried to give it a modern look, but I love the newer ones, especially with the restyle kits. Sucks they don't fit 01's... 

Wow, that is a really nice build.  IMO it's perfect the way it is, doesn't need the newer plastics.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tankslap said:

Wow, that is a really nice build.  IMO it's perfect the way it is, doesn't need the newer plastics.

Hahaha thanks! Yeah I really went all out with this one.. spent wayyyy more than it's worth, even got Gold Ti bolts for the plastics lol... then gave it to my wife to beat on. There really is nothing as fun as ripping on a 125 2 stroke. And being able to pick it up and throw it over your shoulder when you're stuck is cool too! ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ERabe said:

Hahaha thanks! Yeah I really went all out with this one.. spent wayyyy more than it's worth, even got Gold Ti bolts for the plastics lol... then gave it to my wife to beat on. There really is nothing as fun as ripping on a 125 2 stroke. And being able to pick it up and throw it over your shoulder when you're stuck is cool too! ?

Highlighted the key sentence there, 100% agreed!  My main bike is a YZ250, but I swear that I don't have more fun on anything than a 125.  The 125 normally sits, unless the main bike is down for whatever, but every time I ride it, ear to ear smile.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tankslap said:

Highlighted the key sentence there, 100% agreed!  My main bike is a YZ250, but I swear that I don't have more fun on anything than a 125.  The 125 normally sits, unless the main bike is down for whatever, but every time I ride it, ear to ear smile.

Look at my sig, the bikes I ride often are the 2 KTM's, and 100% agreed the fun factor is biggest on that little 125. I had to lower it right down for the wife, so the suspension balance is way outta wack, and even so it still handles like it's on rails. Crazy good bikes, the YZ's. I REALLY want to build a 250 sometime too. 

More pics hehe:

20160724_101249.jpg

20160724_101344.jpg

20160724_101355.jpg

20160724_101402.jpg

• Like 1