Shorai lithium battery

Hey,my 2010 300xc came with a shorai lfx 12v lithium battery, right now i am charging it with the shorai charger, is there a way to hook the battery up to the old battery wire and charge it that way? Thanks

The Shorai charger has a special five pin wire that permits load balancing of the cells. Shorai makes an extension cable to can plug into the batter, leave it on and then have the other end in an easy to get to place. Though with normal riding, the battery should never need charging. In five years, I might of charge the three bikes I have with a Shorai battery once (parked and left the power on!).

https://shoraipower.com/sho-bmscbl12-p140

Just watch out for those on bike cables they are not sealed well. I got corrosion on mine and it cause the battery to drain and do strange things on the charger. 

The Shorai charger has a special five pin wire that permits load balancing of the cells. Shorai makes an extension cable to can plug into the batter, leave it on and then have the other end in an easy to get to place. Though with normal riding, the battery should never need charging. In five years, I might of charge the three bikes I have with a Shorai battery once (parked and left the power on!).
https://shoraipower.com/sho-bmscbl12-p140

I have those wires,are they just for charging?or do they hook to the bike?
5 minutes ago, mixgashaulbass said:

I have those wires,are they just for charging?or do they hook to the bike?

It is an extension cable, that you plug into the battery and the other end, stash in an accessible spot (keeping the cover over the open plug so it stays clean) and use to connect to the charger.

You should only need to charge the battery when you let it sit for a very long time or you have a parasitic draw (like a clock) or you forget to switch off and run the battery down. LiFe batteries charge very quickly and your bikes stock charging system, assuming it is in proper shape, will keep the battery charged with no effort from you.

It is an extension cable, that you plug into the battery and the other end, stash in an accessible spot (keeping the cover over the open plug so it stays clean) and use to connect to the charger.
You should only need to charge the battery when you let it sit for a very long time or you have a parasitic draw (like a clock) or you forget to switch off and run the battery down. LiFe batteries charge very quickly and your bikes stock charging system, assuming it is in proper shape, will keep the battery charged with no effort from you.

but the battery is not hooked up to my bike, therefore the only charge it gets is when i hook it up, that is what the previous owner told me but i will check

??? Why? At most, just remove the fuse. Unless the bike is stored for months in zub zero conditions, just leave it in the bike. LiFe batteries hold 95% of the charge sitting for a year compared to lead batteries that lose close to 40% in the same time period. Light weight and charge retention is the reason for buying a LiFe battery.

but the battery is not hooked up to my bike, therefore the only charge it gets is when i hook it up, that is what the previous owner told me but i will check

Make/Model/Year? Modifications? Total loss system?
Something does not add up here.

Make/Model/Year? Modifications? Total loss system?
Something does not add up here.

2010 300xc with a shorai lfx lithium,should the bike be charging the battery?or is it not supposed to?

Yes, your bike should charge the battery fine. You should read your service manual.

I tested the battery with the bike off, and running, when it was running it jumped a volt, i guess the previous owner did not know what he was talking about,thanks for the help