Trip from Seattle for Thanksgiving?

Hey guys - looking to come down and ride for 4 days over thanksgiving. I'll be coming down from Seattle and camping out. I imagine it will be around 50-60 degrees as a high and that's fine. I need some suggestions for places to call home base. Rain doesnt bother me (as long as it doesnt ruin the trail). The more north the better. What do you recommend? I have been searching for weeks now and only came up with Moab (in UT) as an option - doesnt have to be Cali, really just anywhere warmish within a 17 hour drive from Seattle. I have a 150XCW plated with ORV tags too. 

Thanks!!

Stoneyford. Big Thanksgiving destination for lots of folks. An hour west of I 5 out of Maxwell.

Can't guarantee warmth however....

• Like 3

Thanks it looks perfect! Anything above 40 as a high is good with me. We have significant snow on most of our trails already. 

yes Stony is big and if weather cooperates with some rain the days before T. weekend. It can be epic there

Suffering preferred

Oh Katie785, don't ever say u prefer suffering around these guys! At least watch some of their riding videos first. Ur fellow Washington rider, tiger tanker, has experienced their suffering 1st hand

hahaha noted... Im fairly new to dirt riding (coming from road racing and a shitty CRF150F that barely ran), but the best way to get quick is miles and miles of good seat time, right?

• Like 1

Also.. decided to camp at Davis Flats Campground (tent).. its going to be chilly, I know. Any suggestions on where to find a shower? 

sorry no showers at davis flats, only toilets. The nearest town Stonyford does not have a motel, I guess you will have to find a hotel along the I5 corridor, perhaps an hour or a little more drive both ways there and back from the camp ground

1 hour ago, Katie785 said:

Any suggestions on where to find a shower? 

You can always rinse off in the river...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbob said:

sorry no showers at davis flats, only toilets. The nearest town Stonyford does not have a motel, I guess you will have to find a hotel along the I5 corridor, perhaps an hour or a little more drive both ways there and back from the camp ground

okay.. baby wipes it is! 

if you are staying in a tent, bring heavy duty stakes and a mallet. and a air matt. That ground can be hard

• Like 1