FCR Idle Bog - Handy Accelerator Pump Troubleshooting Flowchart

I've been struggling to understand what the accelerator pump does in relation to the idle jet and how to tune the squirt, what the squirt actually looked like, etc.  This has made it much clearer for me.  I haven't seen anything like it on here in all my searches or I missed it.  Anyhow I hope it helps someone else.

The flowchart runs down the steps in an easy to follow way and the video is actually very good.  The guy doesn't jabber on about nonsense and has great shots of the accelerator pump doing it's thing as well as showing what you'll see on it if the adjustment is off and what the leak jet is doing.

Source of flowchart: Instructables user gmessenger

Video found here @ howtomotorcyclerepair.com

Mike

FCR_FLOW_CHART.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Wombat221
      Hey everyone, i was just wondering how do you adjust the accelerator pump timing on the FCR Slant Carbys, Thanks
    • By riverside21
      Recently picked up a 1987 xr200r in pretty good condition, all stock.  The carb was all gummed up and running real rich, and the previous owner removed the baffle and end cap from the exhaust, but left the air box top chute in place.  I cleaned up the carb and verified all stock jetting, needle position, air screw, etc.  Where we live the quieter the better for off-roading so I ordered a new baffle and end cap, but did ride the bike for a week before the parts arrived.  With the muffler parts out I had a brown plug and plenty of power throughout the entire throttle range.  Got the muffler parts, installed them and now the bike falls flat while climbing hills and gradually rolling on the throttle, I get a burble at low speed sometimes and I have a black sooty plug.  I'm kind of at a loss on this one.  I realize that the parts restricted the exhaust....but it's basically back to stock and I've had these bikes stock before and they ran fine.  Seeing as I have all stock jets and am getting a sooty plug, I'm wondering if electrics are weak?  I also tried adjusting the air screw in/out and moving the needle clip to position 2, either of the two made my problem worse.
      Any ideas?
    • By miroki12
      Hey guys,
      So I found this spring where my needle sits in the carriage. I cannot seem to find the same spring anywhere in any of the diagrams that I have seen for any of the fcr carb's. Does this even belong on my carb? Also is it oriented the right direction?

• By Ninja pig234
      I recently bought a 2000 Drz400s and cant get the fcr carb adjusted properly.  The bike has 434 big bore kit, fcr39, 3X3 mod, and slip on DG exhaust. Was wondering if anybody else has this set up and what jets they are running or any idea what to fix.  
      Currently the bike keeps breaking up 
    • By Bull_zngshn
      HI, 

I am new, looked on this forum but did not see a definite answer, I have a zongshen Bull 250 and one day I was riding and suddenly the bike lost all power and now will not rev more than half of max rpm, it acts like it has a rev limiter so low, and it pops and maybe smokes little black, i replaced the carb so it is not an issue there and then noticed after a day that it has low compression on the kickstarter and there is a sound in the air filter/box when i kick it over so i figured maybe a cam chain skipped a tooth and now the timing is off and intake is maybe open slightly so i am trying to adjust the valves but I cannot find the T mark, there are random letters like SM, and then there are 2 lines that match up with the marking on the crank case but no letter T for Top dead center. How are the markings on the cam sprocket supposed to sit relative to the T mark for Top dead center? .. I don"t know anymore where to start and what to do, can someone guide me through valve adjustment and what the clearences should be? I think the engine is CB250, it is air cooled and it is SOHC. THANK YOU!