Tusk enduro lghting kit

I recently bought the universal Tusk Enduro lighting kit for my 2009 Yz250f and the  Polisport MMX headlight in hopes of street legalizing my bike, I ordered the kit and the headlight but shortly after found that to connect the compact control switch I need a pre existing headlight and the wiring from the headlight to connect it with, and then the battery that comes with the kit is not said to be powerful enough to power both the headlight and the tail light. Could some one let me know how I can possibly hook up the headlight separately or possibly a larger battery I could use to power both the headlight and taillight easily?

The tusk switch will connect to any headlight, just follow the schematic. I would suggest a different headlight, one with an H4 bulb, the availability of H4 bulb is much better as is the H4 bulb socket with pigtail.  https://www.google.com/search?q=h4+harness&oq=h4+harness&aqs=chrome..69i57.5560j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

the charging system should be able to provide the power for the lights and charge the battery. The battery also with smooth AC ripple in the electrical system if needed. I do not know what the charging out put on that bike is or if it is capable of running light and charging . The battery will provide some engine off time , but why do you need light with the engine off?

So to connect the switch I won't be needing a pre existing headlight or electrical for a headlight? And I am not worrie about the availability of the bulb but if I am ever in need of replacing the headlight I will surely test an H4 bulb headlight. 

Following what you said on the battery, so the 12v battery pack won't have trouble powering both the headlight and tail light? And how will the setup connecting the headlight be to the wiring harness? 

I don't necessarily need lights while the bike is off, just find this way of setting up the lights easier than hanging the stator and all the WR parts the bike would want to run righ. 

By the way thankyou for the help! 

The light switch takes power from the battery and goes to the light. Risk light kits are completely independent of the stock wiring. The best not thing that the bike needs to do is be able to charge the battery. If the stock stator will maintain the battery with the lights on then your all good. It might be best to ask about your specific bike in that forum.

10 hours ago, NEODS said:

The light switch takes power from the battery and goes to the light. Risk light kits are completely independent of the stock wiring. The best not thing that the bike needs to do is be able to charge the battery. If the stock stator will maintain the battery with the lights on then your all good. It might be best to ask about your specific bike in that forum.

Oh great! And I have a 2009 yz250f, I didn't think it had a stator. But if it does do you know if it is powerful enough to charge the battery?

I’m in the same boat. Literally posted something similar. Trying to do the same headlight along with the tusk kit as well. I’ve got a 2000 kx 250 so I have no power supply along with the bike. I was looking at possibly getting a bigger lithium batt to power everything. Lemme know how it all goes with you. I’m gonna get my kit and polisport light sometime next month

1 hour ago, Amd241997 said:

I’m in the same boat. Literally posted something similar. Trying to do the same headlight along with the tusk kit as well. I’ve got a 2000 kx 250 so I have no power supply along with the bike. I was looking at possibly getting a bigger lithium batt to power everything. Lemme know how it all goes with you. I’m gonna get my kit and polisport light sometime next month

I am just about finished setting it all up, I just need to find a spot for the horn and then connect the headlight and I will be finished. The brake light and rear blinkers work like a charm. I am hoping to put everything else on tonight! I will keep you updated!

I am just about finished setting it all up, I just need to find a spot for the horn and then connect the headlight and I will be finished. The brake light and rear blinkers work like a charm. I am hoping to put everything else on tonight! I will keep you updated!

I saw someone put there horn over the bolt holding the radiator shroud. But ya lemme know about the headlight because that’s my main issue. I’m trying to just strictly use the included battery pack, so that it’s simple and easy to remove if I want to turn my bike back into an MX bike.