Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - LAST NIGHT TO ENTER! Read more... ×

2017 YZ 250F Aftermarket exhaust ECU settings

Hey guys, so ive got a 2017 YZ250f and ive just brought an FMF f4.1 Titanium full system exhaust for it and i cant find any recommended ECU settings from yamaha or magazines to run with an aftermarket pipe. Ive found one for a 2016 YZ250F but i think there might be a bit of a difference from 16-17. Cheers 

Hey guys, so ive got a 2017 YZ250f and ive just brought an FMF f4.1 Titanium full system exhaust for it and i cant find any recommended ECU settings from yamaha or magazines to run with an aftermarket pipe. Ive found one for a 2016 YZ250F but i think there might be a bit of a difference from 16-17. Cheers 

I ran into that same problem. Several people have suggested running the maps for the 15/16 model and tweaking them to your liking. I just got a 17FX and added a Dr. D slip on for the spark arrestor.

I went out last week and tried several of them and they all ran fine.

try this:

F I                    IG

+2 +2 +2         0  -2  0

+1 +1 +2         0  -2  0

+1 +1+2          0 -2  0

• Like 1

I ran into that same problem. Several people have suggested running the maps for the 15/16 model and tweaking them to your liking. I just got a 17FX and added a Dr. D slip on for the spark arrestor.

I went out last week and tried several of them and they all ran fine. [/quote

Okay thanks for the heads up mate

try this:

F I                    IG
+2 +2 +2         0  -2  0
+1 +1 +2         0  -2  0
+1 +1+2          0 -2  0

Okay will do thanks mate much appreciated. Is this one you made up or?

IMG_2396.jpg

This was my favorite. It smoothed out the jerky throttle on the FX and had a nice long pull. It may be different though for the F model.

IMG_2396.thumb.jpg.eb3e402b40a1f7cfe073935034bfafc3.jpg This was my favorite. It smoothed out the jerky throttle on the FX and had a nice long pull. It may be different though for the F model.

Yeah I’ve ridden an fx and f back to back and there is a very big difference in power delivery mate. The mapping in the fx and f are also very different, thanks for your help though mate

13 hours ago, clarky248 said:

Okay will do thanks mate much appreciated. Is this one you made up or?

This one is a map for the trails/woods. I don't have any MX maps but you would prob try the yamaha hard hitting map that's available.

This one is a map for the trails/woods. I don't have any MX maps but you would prob try the yamaha hard hitting map that's available.

Yeah I’m chasing a hard hitting nap. I think I’ll try the 2016 map and make some changes on it. Cheers

32 minutes ago, clarky248 said:

Yeah I’m chasing a hard hitting nap. I think I’ll try the 2016 map and make some changes on it. Cheers

i "HATED" that hard hitting map in the woods.  i'm currently running the yamaha recommended Smooth Linear/ Slippery Conditions with a full fmf system and i've got no complaints, i'd like to see a little more on the bottom as i went to taller gearing; but it's still very very good as is with that map.

i "HATED" that hard hitting map in the woods.  i'm currently running the yamaha recommended Smooth Linear/ Slippery Conditions with a full fmf system and i've got no complaints, i'd like to see a little more on the bottom as i went to taller gearing; but it's still very very good as is with that map.

I don’t do much “woods” riding as a lot of people like to call it haha. I’m guessing your American. Wanting to get a hard hitting map for Mx, although I would like to see your map aswell as I will do a little but of enduro. Cheers

24 minutes ago, clarky248 said:

I don’t do much “woods” riding as a lot of people like to call it haha. I’m guessing your American. Wanting to get a hard hitting map for Mx, although I would like to see your map aswell as I will do a little but of enduro. Cheers

that thing hits hard for sure.   enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 1.54.05 PM.png

Edited by DRS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Wiznaz
      FMF Pipe
      8 hours. Works great, small dent in pipe can be seen in pics. Price includes shipping within US. (Silencer already sold)
    • By dank08
      I am selling my 2001 yz426f(As is), I bought it used from private seller back in 2011.  I rarely used it at first, playing around in dirt areas and local OHV trails.  I began using it for bigger trail rides like Gorman in Hungry valley.  I hated the manual decompression. In 2015 I bought Hotcams stage 1 intake and exhaust cams for the auto decompression.  I had Motorcycle Tech in Upland, CA do the install.  They also installed a new Piston Ring and Intake valve.  Have work order paperwork and old parts from the job.  Last big ride was 2017 September, Kennedy Meadows.  Put on new tires before this ride along with fresh oil/filter and new air filter.  Bike ran like a champ and we made it up some some pretty nasty climbs first try 
      The Hand Grips are new. The front and rear fenders along with radiator shrouds are a year old.  Side # plate cracked as seen in picture.
      Still an awesome ol' powerful bike.
      Negatives are a heavy clutch pull and a grabby clutch.
      Selling because I've replaced it and have no intention of using it anymore.
      Pink in hand.
      I'm asking $1,500 OBO for the bike as is.
      No trades.
      Cash only please.
      Serious inquiries only.
      Thank you.

• By YamahaYz1
      Hey TT, I know there's endless topics on YZ250/ two stroke tuning in general but I have not been able to find one that helps me get my 09 YZ250 set up for my riding style and where I ride so I'm here asking for help. I got this bike around 1.5 years ago and have not known how to set it up properly. I know no one can give me a perfect set up but I'd like a good starting setup to work from and tweak to perfection. Throughout this time I've had this bike, its always been covering the bottom of the entire silencer and dripping all over the swing arm and rims with oil. Also, the joint between silencer and expansion pipe has oil around it too but I've heard I have to close the gap a little to squeeze the silencer a little tighter and stop the leakage there. I don't have too much experience messing with carbs but I've messed around with previous two strokes and tuned them a little better. I change the oil on my bike after 15-20 hours on it and clean and oil the air filter after almost every ride. The sparkplugs never last me more than a few months but recently have been lasting me no more than a few weeks. With the excess oil from the pipe and spark plug fouling you can see why I need to set my bike up to stop this. 
      The bike:
      Completely stock with V-Force 3 Reeds and a FMF Shorty silencer. 
      Usually running around 32:1 premix with 91 pump fuel because I prefer to keep it well lubricated instead of running rich.
      Riding:
      I ride enduro in Ontario, Canada. So mostly single track and some fire roads but nothing close to MX and not a lot of time wide open. Therefore, probably mostly 1/4-1/2 or 1/4-3/4 throttle range.
      Where I ride:
      Usually 0-500' above sea level. With temperatures ranging from around 15-35 degrees Celsius (55-95 Fahrenheit).

If anyone can give me a setup to go from, that would be very much appreciated. Even multiple set ups for different temperature ranges or any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks and sorry for the long read, I just didn't want to leave anything out. Ask any questions if you have any, too.
    • By Goon Rides
      Hey guys... so I have a problem... I took the bike at Cal City, broke it in, and while I was doing so, the bike was bogging in first gear (Yes, first gear). Also it doesn't idle at all. I have to keep blipping it otherwise it'll stall. So I adjusted the screw circled in image 1. Well I was listening to the sound of the of the bike, yet the rpm's weren't increasing, and it was still stalling. So then, I unscrewed the screw in image 2, well I found out that it was fully twisted to the right. So then, I twisted it to the left, still nothing; it was still stalling... where's the idle screw? I am sure that the screw in image 1 is for the air/fuel mixture screw, and the screw in image 2 is the idle screw, just broken? I don't know, any and every help would be appreciated.

• By Zach7018
      So Ive decided its time to pull apart my favorite machine and freshen it up, and I'm looking to make some improvements in the process. I already have a 3x3 mod and a JD jet kit done and it seemed to have changed the world. The stock bike just plain sucked and now its a lot better. I never expect 450 race bike power here but I know there is a little more and I'm wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze. I already plan to add a header and exhaust, an FCR39 carb and stage 1 hotcams. After some research it really seems like those places are where the gains actually come from, so would it be worth it to throw a 434 big bore kit at this bike or just stick with what I already mentioned and a new stock bore top end??? Also my rides are often solo and pretty isolated,how much of a reliability headache can I expect with these mods?