2017 YZ 250F Aftermarket exhaust ECU settings

Hey guys, so ive got a 2017 YZ250f and ive just brought an FMF f4.1 Titanium full system exhaust for it and i cant find any recommended ECU settings from yamaha or magazines to run with an aftermarket pipe. Ive found one for a 2016 YZ250F but i think there might be a bit of a difference from 16-17. Cheers 

Hey guys, so ive got a 2017 YZ250f and ive just brought an FMF f4.1 Titanium full system exhaust for it and i cant find any recommended ECU settings from yamaha or magazines to run with an aftermarket pipe. Ive found one for a 2016 YZ250F but i think there might be a bit of a difference from 16-17. Cheers 

I ran into that same problem. Several people have suggested running the maps for the 15/16 model and tweaking them to your liking. I just got a 17FX and added a Dr. D slip on for the spark arrestor.

I went out last week and tried several of them and they all ran fine.

try this:

F I                    IG

+2 +2 +2         0  -2  0

+1 +1 +2         0  -2  0

+1 +1+2          0 -2  0

I ran into that same problem. Several people have suggested running the maps for the 15/16 model and tweaking them to your liking. I just got a 17FX and added a Dr. D slip on for the spark arrestor.

I went out last week and tried several of them and they all ran fine. [/quote

Okay thanks for the heads up mate

try this:

F I                    IG
+2 +2 +2         0  -2  0
+1 +1 +2         0  -2  0
+1 +1+2          0 -2  0

Okay will do thanks mate much appreciated. Is this one you made up or?

IMG_2396.jpg

This was my favorite. It smoothed out the jerky throttle on the FX and had a nice long pull. It may be different though for the F model.

IMG_2396.thumb.jpg.eb3e402b40a1f7cfe073935034bfafc3.jpg This was my favorite. It smoothed out the jerky throttle on the FX and had a nice long pull. It may be different though for the F model.

Yeah I’ve ridden an fx and f back to back and there is a very big difference in power delivery mate. The mapping in the fx and f are also very different, thanks for your help though mate

13 hours ago, clarky248 said:

Okay will do thanks mate much appreciated. Is this one you made up or?

This one is a map for the trails/woods. I don't have any MX maps but you would prob try the yamaha hard hitting map that's available.

This one is a map for the trails/woods. I don't have any MX maps but you would prob try the yamaha hard hitting map that's available.

Yeah I’m chasing a hard hitting nap. I think I’ll try the 2016 map and make some changes on it. Cheers
32 minutes ago, clarky248 said:

Yeah I’m chasing a hard hitting nap. I think I’ll try the 2016 map and make some changes on it. Cheers

i "HATED" that hard hitting map in the woods.  i'm currently running the yamaha recommended Smooth Linear/ Slippery Conditions with a full fmf system and i've got no complaints, i'd like to see a little more on the bottom as i went to taller gearing; but it's still very very good as is with that map.

i "HATED" that hard hitting map in the woods.  i'm currently running the yamaha recommended Smooth Linear/ Slippery Conditions with a full fmf system and i've got no complaints, i'd like to see a little more on the bottom as i went to taller gearing; but it's still very very good as is with that map.

I don’t do much “woods” riding as a lot of people like to call it haha. I’m guessing your American. Wanting to get a hard hitting map for Mx, although I would like to see your map aswell as I will do a little but of enduro. Cheers
24 minutes ago, clarky248 said:

I don’t do much “woods” riding as a lot of people like to call it haha. I’m guessing your American. Wanting to get a hard hitting map for Mx, although I would like to see your map aswell as I will do a little but of enduro. Cheers

that thing hits hard for sure.   enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 1.54.05 PM.png

Edited by DRS
that thing hits hard for sure.   enjoy it! :thumbsup:

5a06201f1c705_ScreenShot2017-11-10at1_54_05PM.png.b5b9ad47f2535140e85337fd10d29d96.png

Thanks mate