DT175, which model

I have a DT175 that I got from a relatives barn.  It was manufactured in early 1980, but I think it might be a 79.  How can I tell if it is a 1979 (F) or a 1980 (G)?  I assumed it was an 80 but bought a main crank bearing for an 80 and it would not fit.  Turns out the 79 and 80 models have different right main bearings but the same left.

Someone could have put a 79 motor in and 80 frame. It could also be a goof up from the factory.  They may have had some cases left from 79 they used on the 80's.  

1 minute ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

Someone could have put a 79 motor in and 80 frame. It could also be a goof up from the factory.  They may have had some cases left from 79 they used on the 80's.  

This bike came from the original owner with only 1,100 miles.  However it came from the factory is how it is now.

My guess would be it was a late production 80 and they ran out of cases . They went to the parts bin used some left over 79 cases. I've seen a few other older bikes not match the parts list before

You should be able to check the numbers on the vin to verify the year.

57 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

My guess would be it was a late production 80 and they ran out of cases . They went to the parts bin used some left over 79 cases. I've seen a few other older bikes not match the parts list before

You should be able to check the numbers on the vin to verify the year.

I can see the VIN, but how do I see if it is a model 1979F made in a late run in January 1980?  Couldn't that have happened?

I am trying to install main crank bearings with the heat and freeze method.  I didn't get the case hot enough and one stopped moving half way in.  How to I get it out without ruining it so I can do over?

Use a press and finish setting the bearing.