Thoughts e line stator and lighting kit for cr500

Hi all,

I have a 92' cr500, and picked up a street titled frame over the summer. Currently looking at a lighting kit off a 97' cr500. E line brand. Stator, fly wheel, headlight assy. I guess they aren't sold anymore. It is in working order. $500....guy says it was $1000 new.

Plan is to make mine road legal. I realize it's not exactly a good dual sport, but I have a plated BRP and a ZRX for the road.

What are your thoughts on the e line kit? Any good?

They put out two 100 watt circuits. They add FW mass which = slower reving and more traction. They are fine if you can live with the extra FW mass.

They put out two 100 watt circuits. They add FW mass which = slower reving and more traction. They are fine if you can live with the extra FW mass.
Alrighty, I pulled the trigger on the e line setup. Riding it on the road is still a ways out, but the e line setups don't seem to pop up for sale very often.

Panthera is now selling a lighting coil setup using converted CRF450X components, FYI.

Panthera is now selling a lighting coil setup using converted CRF450X components, FYI.
Neat electric start setup. Bookmarked page for later.
16 hours ago, 6bt said:
22 hours ago, cowboyona426 said:

Neat electric start setup. Bookmarked page for later.

You can also buy just the electrical components to give you the ability to run lights.

You can also buy just the electrical components to give you the ability to run lights.
I sae. I will definitely keep it in mind for another bike as I ended up buying the e line setup. Thought $500 was not a great deal but fair. Pretty cool to see there's still a few companies keeping the aftermarket alive for the 500's.