Trailtech's new computer...?

Well guy's it looks like our friends at Trailtech are working on a new computer... I spotted this in one of their videos lately.

Trailtech.JPG

Exited to see what's new about it,I like my voyager,only complaint I have is the screen fogging up on the inside when it's raining hard.

Sorry this is a little off topic but.

Does anyone have experience with loading and using Backcountry Discovery Routes GPS tracks on the Trailtech Voyager?

I have a TrailTech Voyager, that came on my 17 Beta 500 RR-S and it is a nice piece of kit.  

There are several pages to choose from so there is a lot of data/information that one can get that can be quite helpful in many ways.  

One of the very best features is the GPS.  I don't care about having maps, just being able to enter the waypoint-how to get back to the truck, and lay down the trails so we can find out way back when riding new trails/areas is nice.  Having it all integrated into the bike just made/makes it so easy.  

8 hours ago, congewe said:

Sorry this is a little off topic but.

Does anyone have experience with loading and using Backcountry Discovery Routes GPS tracks on the Trailtech Voyager?

I think as long as they are gpx format then you can import them as routes.

9 hours ago, crazybrother said:

I think as long as they are gpx format then you can import them as routes.

Ya in theory it should work with no problem.

Have looked around the net trying to find anyone with experience actually using BDR routes with the Voyager and have yet to find anything.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Their new computer looks way cool and thank you for posting it.   

14 hours ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I have a TrailTech Voyager, that came on my 17 Beta 500 RR-S and it is a nice piece of kit.  

There are several pages to choose from so there is a lot of data/information that one can get that can be quite helpful in many ways.  

One of the very best features is the GPS.  I don't care about having maps, just being able to enter the waypoint-how to get back to the truck, and lay down the trails so we can find out way back when riding new trails/areas is nice.  Having it all integrated into the bike just made/makes it so easy.  

The stock trailtech on a beta has GPS?

1 hour ago, Sycamore said:

Yes, it looks just like this. But this is on my 2017 Husky FE501.

20170315_210604.jpg

9 hours ago, Sycamore said:

Yes, it does.  

I have no map at all, it will just make a trail and one can mark/make waypoints, but for the trails it works perfectly.  I think that one might be able to purchase map chips but I don't need anything like that for the areas I ride in.  Breadcrumb trails are more than enough for me.  

Do all the beta's come with this, for example the 2 strokes?

Edited by Sycamore

Sorry in advance for this but...

I'm a fan of Trail Tech and have bought some of their non computer products and use their Ride Leader software (which IMO is free and easy to use for editing GPX tracks hint hint) but I just went with a deactivated Samsung Rugby, Oruxmaps (free app) and a Garmin Topo base map for where I live (and IMO the Garmin Base maps are great and if I'm not mistaken Back Country Discovery is a base map) and other than the $20 it cost me to make the case, everything else was free.

Oruxmaps is a FULL feature GPS application.

The Samsung Rugby is not 100% waterproof but is a bomber phone.

I can also use Avenza with GPS coordinated maps at the same time as Oruxmaps .

And I as well do not follow recorded tracks/routes but just start the GPS from where I start to get my first way point , ride and get slightly lost if needed, find my way back to the start point.

Again sorry cus this is not about the new Voyager and IMO it does look like an awesome/bomber new unit but a  suggestion for other options.

Screenshot_2014-10-06-17-57-04.jpg.07b4fd291e2de7d5ef4c1fe5982c5b89.jpg20160515_102848.thumb.jpg.059e4de396be66797e1bf890d9791371.jpg

Rider Leader

5a0898192fc29_RiderLeadermap.jpg.17a1a4dee298c279e3c4fe2d1063535e.jpg

Avenza

5a08982919431_Screenshot_2016-08-26-17-10-261.thumb.png.621c063b69d1bb026d8b7d1d4168079c.png

TT have been working on a new computer for years, I remember they had something on their website around 2014 or so saying new colour unit coming in winter. They just never said which winter...

Well, it's coming, I just got an email today from Trailtech.

On 11/13/2017 at 3:11 AM, bowser said:

TT have been working on a new computer for years, I remember they had something on their website around 2014 or so saying new colour unit coming in winter. They just never said which winter...

I’d like to get a GPS / TAC / ODO / Temp unit for my WR450 and was looking into the Voyager and heard this same comment on a thread I started. 

So I did some digging and it sounds like the new version is a motor bike unicorn. Myth has it that it exists and there are even videos.... yet nobody has owned one. 

Maybe I’ll luck out and they’ll be ready by this spring. 

Oh yay, an even more expensive trail tech, maybe this model will last more than a couple months before loosing its mind like all 3 of mine have.