Vacuum shock absorber filler - homemade

Hello,

I'm looking for way to make a machine to vacuum/fill rear shock absorber. I checked, but i can not find a full topic with detailed project - making of...

Does anyone have such an information, as I need to have the details and check if I'm able to make it?

There was a company selling them online for almost the same cost as the parts alone ? Anyone remember the name ?

Shockbleeder.com?

Yes

I made one and works pretty well.  

That is great, could you please make some pictures and also description how to make the same? 

Edited by phatsmall

Ok ill post pics little later

I'm sure it will be very helpful for all of us. 

Thank you in advance.!

It was pretty easy and straight forward.  Hardest part was figuring out how to get a tube to suck the fluid out.  I used sort of a male female setup, you can see the hose in the brass fitting.  Drill hole stick male part the the hole and on the inside use a barb fitting.  Run hose to bottom.  Water filter I got in eBay.  Make sure vacuum isn't too much, cause it will pull it past the seals. Won't let me upload pics now for some reason.  Pm me email and ill send pics until I can figure it out

It was pretty easy and straight forward.  Hardest part was figuring out how to get a tube to suck the fluid out.  I used sort of a male female setup, you can see the hose in the brass fitting.  Drill hole stick male part the the hole and on the inside use a barb fitting.  Run hose to bottom.  Water filter I got in eBay.  Make sure vacuum isn't too much, cause it will pull it past the seals. Won't let me upload pics now for some reason.  Pm me email and ill send pics until I can figure it out

Hope you can get general idea from pics.

1119171323.jpg

1119171323a.jpg

1119171324.jpg

Hey thanks about the pics, but which hose goes where?

I think 2 must go the shock, one for the vacuum pump, one from the compressor for pressure - but I see only 3 pipes.

These 2 which are to the shock - one is from the bottom of the ''device'' to sucks oil and one is above the oil for vacuuming

2 on the outside, 1 goes to vacuum and other goes to pressure. The one inside goes into the fluid and to the shock. When you pressurized the system it pushes the fluid thru the inside hose.

Ok now I understand.....about the device it is clear now.

I was thinking to use a water filter body - I believe you use the same.

If the shock is not with valve (lWP or Ohlins), but it's Showa or Kayaba I believe I have to use connector placed instead of compression adjuster.

Once I finish the process I have to remove the connector and put back the compression adjuster.

Is that correct?

Or a plate that replaces the bladder

Andreani do a kit to conect to different shocks, most go through the comp adjuster, it's real good value for money 

Yes shockbleeder.com sells the adapters.  I installed a high pressure shrader valve in mine so i can bleed thru that.

The andreani kit comes with pretty much all adapters to do most shocks it's about £120 u get about a dozen fittings or more

If at the end of the process of vacuuming the oil is exposed the atmosphere again, then what is point to make vacuuming?

Removes air in the oil , oil has lots of air suspended in iyv