Twmx shootout

2 hours ago, mog said:

https://motocross.transworld.net/news/2018-transworld-motocross-250-mx-shootout/?amphtml=1

I could say something but what hasn't been said lol , it's a whitewash

Why are you mad, white KTM won and orange came in 2nd.  Wait a minute.  White KTM.  Whitewash.  You wash with water.....Whitewater.....you were in on the Whitewater conspiracy!!!!!!

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 3

"Landslide win" for the Husky but it gets 4th on Vital. Lol smh. The comments in these shootouts between the Husky and KTM are all over the place. It makes no sense. I can understand that the KTM is usually  always a tad snappier and maybe more responsive (both in the handling and power department), whereas the Husky always seems to have a smoother feel in those areas and then pulls a little more up top. That is all preference, which I get. I just find it amusing when a bike can win a shootout , then finish towards the back on a different shootout. All the while, put a bike that is 97% the same, multiple positions ahead (or behind) in the same shootout. Nonsense. Either way, entertaining read. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

kickin ass and takin names, rough days for the ktm haters....   

KTM was first loser.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoops dude said:

I wonder how much advertising dollars KTM/Husky spends with these mags.

Not as much as Yamaha has in the past

Yamaha used to win shootouts with sub par bikes. At least KTM does it with superior technology 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MotorBotin' Meyer said:

Not as much as Yamaha has in the past

Yamaha used to win shootouts with sub par bikes. At least KTM does it with superior technology 

Interesting. Have any links to some figures? I don't know much about the going ons behind the curtains in the dirtbike industry. I worked in the firearm industry though and can tell you just about any favorable review from a major mag or "reviewer" was bought and paid for with a few exceptions here and there. I'm curious if the dirtbike industry mirrors my experience.

• Like 2

Twmx had the yzf winner from 14-16 ? So they can't be accused of bias ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, phantom451 said:

Yamaha builds masterpieces. The others build bikes!

Behold the last two bikes Yamaha sold that were cutting edge 

• Like 8

in the old days the bikes were so different and weighed different weights and had such different powerbands and handling. Yet on any Sunday any bike could win in any class. The big thing about motocross is what happens at the local tracks around the country. The beginner, amateur, intermediate class in any size, how does it relate? 

CR 

7 minutes ago, Charles said:

in the old days the bikes were so different and weighed different weights and had such different powerbands and handling. Yet on any Sunday any bike could win in any class. The big thing about motocross is what happens at the local tracks around the country. The beginner, amateur, intermediate class in any size, how does it relate? 

CR 

I think in the beginner and novice classes, kids riding older bikes would do just as well as they would on new bikes.  As they go up through the ranks, the bike makes more of a difference.

Did you see Loretta Lynn's in 2013?  Jerry Robbin was riding a 1985 CR250 in the 250B and two stroke classes and did well against newer bikes.   I'm not saying he wouldn't do better on a newer bike, but the average amateur could ride a much older bike and be fine.  Of course, we all want newer bikes. 

• Like 5

Only one of the test riders was old enough for me to recognize his name, So ... I believe him.

Donn Maeda | 49 yrs./5'9"/175 lbs./Intermediate

1. Honda CRF250R
2. Husqvarna FC 250
3. KTM 250 SX-F
4. Yamaha YZ250F
5. Kawasaki KX250F
6. Suzuki RM-Z250

For years now I've been a huge Yamaha YZ250F fan because of its aggressive engine with big low-end and mid-range, but this year the higher-revving Honda, Husqvarna, and KTM really got me excited. The all-new CRF250R is really impressive. It doesn't have the best engine—that honor still belongs to the Yamaha—but the new chassis feels perfect between your legs, and the bike handles like a dream. All you have to do is think about changing directions, and the Honda carves a line wherever you'd like. The Showa spring fork also seems to work better on the 250 than it does on the 450. Love the electric start, though the clutch-lever safety feature is kind of lame.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phantom451 said:

In the new mxa there is a nice Suzuki ad a few pages before this...

1108171348.jpeg.8a5920ce00d6b9b291f0df53e0f44bb0.jpeg

People won't believe it but notice how they said you can but a better handling bike....   

Suzuki is way behind now.  

• Like 4