2018 TX300 Rear Spring

I need to change the rear spring on my 2018 TX300 and I'm a little confused on the correct size for my bike.  Based on my weight, Racetech Calculator says a 5.2 is needed.  When I go to Enduro Engineering, they say its "5.2 260mm Straight Rate Shock Spring White".  AOMC has it at "Enduro Engineering 250mm WP Shock Spring (White) KTM/Husqvarna 16-18".  Which is correct for a 2018 TX300, 260mm, or 250mm?  Also, does anyone know of a good "How To" video on changing the spring?

Appreciate any help ensuring I get the right one to start. 

you sholde have the correct size in the free manual 

11 hours ago, motodr441 said:

you sholde have the correct size in the free manual 

The manual tops out at 209lb rider with gear.  I'm a little (lot) heavier than that.

i am more 107 kg (237 lbs )and i use the hvist spring in the 16 manua it sases 95> had no problem except being overweight :rolleyes:

Im still hoping someone with suspension knowledge on the 18' TX300 knows if the rear springs are 250 mm, or 260 mm????  There's  conflicting info on the sites I was going to purchase from.

19 hours ago, motodr441 said:

i am more 107 kg (237 lbs )and i use the hvist spring in the 16 manua it sases 95> had no problem except being overweight :rolleyes:

most of the ktm rear springs are marked with the "rate" and the "length"

I changed mine out on my 2017 TX300. It's very easy. Just pivot the sub frame up and remove bottom and top bolt from shock and it comes right out. Did the same thing on my buddies 2017 KTM 250xc. 

Im also in the same boat, i weight 210 with out gear, novice c rider and it says rear spring should be 4.8. Another site says 5.0. 

I'm at 215 without my gear on. I put a 5.0 spring on my bike and it is working nicely. 

7 hours ago, fordguy08 said:

I'm at 215 without my gear on. I put a 5.0 spring on my bike and it is working nicely. 

Good to know, I may go with the 5.0 just incase I put on a few pounds. Did you install the spring your self and if so was it difficult?

install is very easy but you sholde probably do the fork as well to keep it balanced 

2 minutes ago, motodr441 said:

install is very easy but you sholde probably do the fork as well to keep it balanced 

Dealer said I can get away with the Forks for my weight no problem. But would be interested to know what it costs to do the forks.

in my case(2016 te300) the fork wase the biggest difference it costs about the same bat takes a bit more time to do but we're fairly easy to do

you do need the fork tool to open it .

On 11/13/2017 at 9:14 AM, fordguy08 said:

I changed mine out on my 2017 TX300. It's very easy. Just pivot the sub frame up and remove bottom and top bolt from shock and it comes right out. Did the same thing on my buddies 2017 KTM 250xc. 

Thanks for the info...

4 hours ago, Thumper696 said:

Dealer said I can get away with the Forks for my weight no problem. But would be interested to know what it costs to do the forks.

If you have a 2017 -2018 TX300, you have the AER 48 Forks and shouldn't have to do anything but adjust air pressure for a perfect set-up after you change the rear spring.  Now if you were a professional racer, having some fork work done might be helpful, but us mortals will be fine with stock AER's.

4 hours ago, Thumper696 said:

Good to know, I may go with the 5.0 just incase I put on a few pounds. Did you install the spring your self and if so was it difficult?

I ended up going with the 5.2 and hope it works out.  It has to be better than the 4.2 stock spring at least...  I'm 235lbs now without gear, but plan to drop 10-15lbs after Thanksgiving, so I hope I'll be ok.

I used RACE TECH's calculator. 5.0 rear spring and front air @ 147psi. Seems to work well. Have been playing around with the front air pressure a l ittle. Depends on where I'm riding. 

Went with a little bit lower than recommended spring than what RT recommended, and am very happy.  The procedure in the owner's manual is a joke, just do what is noted above, no need to remove the swingarm...

The length of the spring on the 18 TX 300 is 260mm, but you can use a 250mm spring with no trouble. The length is an issue. It’s getting the correct rate. The easiest way is to drop the dog bone on the linkage and slide spring out the bottom.

Anyone local to 06002, I have a few springs for the TX. All 260mm RT 4.8 / 5.0 / 5.4