2018 TX300 Rear Spring

I need to change the rear spring on my 2018 TX300 and I'm a little confused on the correct size for my bike.  Based on my weight, Racetech Calculator says a 5.2 is needed.  When I go to Enduro Engineering, they say its "5.2 260mm Straight Rate Shock Spring White".  AOMC has it at "Enduro Engineering 250mm WP Shock Spring (White) KTM/Husqvarna 16-18".  Which is correct for a 2018 TX300, 260mm, or 250mm?  Also, does anyone know of a good "How To" video on changing the spring?

Appreciate any help ensuring I get the right one to start. 

Have a '17 FC350 and went with Factory Connection.  Believe they spec'd a 5.8 for my 235lb wt.  Race Tech was different,    Install is a major pain on 4 strokes b/c of the pipe.  Assume its easier on the 2 strokes.  I followed this link and it worked well.  https://motocrossactionmag.com/ask-the-mxperts-how-to-remove-a-2016-ktm-shock/   

7 hours ago, fordguy08 said:

I'm at 215 without my gear on. I put a 5.0 spring on my bike and it is working nicely. 

Good to know, I may go with the 5.0 just incase I put on a few pounds. Did you install the spring your self and if so was it difficult?

4 hours ago, Thumper696 said:

Dealer said I can get away with the Forks for my weight no problem. But would be interested to know what it costs to do the forks.

If you have a 2017 -2018 TX300, you have the AER 48 Forks and shouldn't have to do anything but adjust air pressure for a perfect set-up after you change the rear spring.  Now if you were a professional racer, having some fork work done might be helpful, but us mortals will be fine with stock AER's.

4 hours ago, Thumper696 said:

Good to know, I may go with the 5.0 just incase I put on a few pounds. Did you install the spring your self and if so was it difficult?

I ended up going with the 5.2 and hope it works out.  It has to be better than the 4.2 stock spring at least...  I'm 235lbs now without gear, but plan to drop 10-15lbs after Thanksgiving, so I hope I'll be ok.

The length of the spring on the 18 TX 300 is 260mm, but you can use a 250mm spring with no trouble. The length is an issue. It’s getting the correct rate. The easiest way is to drop the dog bone on the linkage and slide spring out the bottom.

Anyone local to 06002, I have a few springs for the TX. All 260mm RT 4.8 / 5.0 / 5.4

• Like 2