Chinese Mikuni Knockoff

I screwed up the carb slide on a 1980 DT175G and can't find a replacement aside from entire carbs from China for $22.  I would be willing to pay for an OEM real Mikuni but they just aren't out there.  Anyone tried one of these Chinese Mikunis?  I Chinese stuff is junk, so no need to educate me.  Just want to know if anyone has bought one of these and had it work or not.

I'm using one on my TW200. I found some metal chips in it, easy to clean up. Other than adjustment, it has not needed anything and has been working great for a while now. The bike runs better than it ever did with the stock carb. The thing to keep in mind is Mikuni jets Don't fit and AFIK you can't get different size replacement jets for them. So if it's right you're set. If not you may have some difficulty getting it dialed in. Also these carbs are made for 4t engines so may not work too well on a 2t. For genuine Mikuni carbs, check with jetsrus.

2 hours ago, nobade said:

I'm using one on my TW200. I found some metal chips in it, easy to clean up. Other than adjustment, it has not needed anything and has been working great for a while now. The bike runs better than it ever did with the stock carb. The thing to keep in mind is Mikuni jets Don't fit and AFIK you can't get different size replacement jets for them. So if it's right you're set. If not you may have some difficulty getting it dialed in. Also these carbs are made for 4t engines so may not work too well on a 2t. For genuine Mikuni carbs, check with jetsrus.

They are for 4t engines?  The ones popping up on Ebay look like almost exact replicas of the Mikuni VM24 I need.

3 hours ago, molloyjp said:

aside from entire carbs from China for $22.

$22 experiment and/or donation then. I'm sure the jets will be way off. 

They are for 4t engines?  The ones popping up on Ebay look like almost exact replicas of the Mikuni VM24 I need.
Yes, at least the one I got. It was listed as being for a BW200. It is a VM 24 copy, even says Mikuni on the side.

for only $22 - you could buy one test it and give us feedback  :smashpc:

I bought a Keihin PWK 38 Airstriker knock off from amazon. It worked perfect right out of the box on my 92 YZ250. That carb will take Keihin jets, I just didn’t need to rejet it. You may get lucky and not have to do anything. I also put a Chinese knock off on a Ttr125 (4stroke); and it runs perfect on that carb. Actually if you screwed up just the slide, you may be able to take the slide out of the knock off and put it in the Mikuni.

1 minute ago, cb650joe said:

I bought a Keihin PWK 38 Airstriker knock off from amazon. It worked perfect right out of the box on my 92 YZ250. That carb will take Keihin jets, I just didn’t need to rejet it. You may get lucky and not have to do anything. I also put a Chinese knock off on a Ttr125 (4stroke); and it runs perfect on that carb. Actually if you screwed up just the slide, you may be able to take the slide out of the knock off and put it in the Mikuni.

That is exactly what I did.  Just used the Chinese slide in the OEM Mikuni.  Cheapest option by far!