Ktm 300 xcw tpi

Understanding that the 250 is the first to come to the states (in limited quantities) I was wondering if anyone knows whether the 300 could be imported directly. Looking to see how or if it was possible to buy in Europe and have shipped or would cost make it prohibitive. Or could a dealer do it?

 

In the alternative is there a date that anyone has heard that the 300 would be available in the states.

 

Thx!

5 minutes ago, jufberg said:

or would cost make it prohibitive

Only you can answer that. 

Understand the cost would be on me but is it possible

I've often wondered about that. You can buy one in Canada and bring it to the US. I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to do the same from Europe.

Exotic car guys do this all the time with automobiles we can't get state side. The only problem is that one of the prerequisites for being an exotic car guy is having stoopid amounts of cash. I know the legal paperwork is significant, but I don't know the cost. I know it isn't cheap. What about a scam? Find someone in Canada who will buy the bike (if there ARE any in Canada) and have them bring it into the States for a riding vacation. You reimburse them and they forget to take the bike home. Unless you want to title or plate the bike. Don't know about other states, but here in Michigan you pretty much never find yourself in a situation where you have to show how or where you got a dirtbike if you're not trying to make it road legal...

Unless they release the TPI 300 as an early 19 next year they are not coming to the US, 2018 price sheet is out and it is not listed for us.

Let us know if you decide to go the Canada or Euro route, personally I can wait a bit for TPI - all the negative talk on the 17/18's is overblown, flat out love mine.

2018 300cc TPIs are not coming to states, according to dealer. So i bought carbd version. 

My race buddy put down a deposit on a 18' 250cc TPI a few months ago, his arrives in 6-8 weeks- was talking to him last night. The dealer told him only about 250-260 units are coming to the whole country. How accurate that is, i dont know. 

Edited by Freemotion
29 minutes ago, Freemotion said:

2018 300cc TPIs are not coming to states, according to dealer. So i bought carbd version. 

My race buddy put down a deposit on a 18' 250cc TPI a few months ago, his arrives in 6-8 weeks- was talking to him last night. The dealer told him only about 250-260 units are coming to the whole country. How accurate that is, i dont know. 

remember to tell your friend instantly to get new map for ecu. it is running lean on stock map at midd. my friend just had new map over the stock one and it gave shit load of torque at midd range. 

Edited by KTMfinrider
Just now, KTMfinrider said:

remember to tell your friend instantly to get new map for ecu. it is running on stock map at midd. my friend just had new map over the stock one and it gave svit load of torque at midd range. 

really? very interesting. Thanks a mint, ill pass it on. Anything like that i should be aware of on my 300?

Its my first KTM, my first 2 stroke, my first brand-new vehicle, period, of any sort.

Already combed through every word in the manual and topical forum boards trying to prep myself. any tidbits you'd add? 

9 minutes ago, Freemotion said:

really? very interesting. Thanks a mint, ill pass it on. Anything like that i should be aware of on my 300?

Its my first KTM, my first 2 stroke, my first brand-new vehicle, period, of any sort.

Already combed through every word in the manual and topical forum boards trying to prep myself. any tidbits you'd add? 

we were riding on swamp and my carburated - 14 300exc lugged on 3rd gear rather easily while 250tpi had to ride in first gear and on second gear it was struggling to death!! we were like what the hell,  it also was running very hot. i think it wasnt far away off getting blew up.. 

 

now remapped and the power is there when we tried it again. and damn hell tpi runs nice, always crisp! 

 

I dont know about 300 yet. 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now