Newb triple clamp offset question.

On a 18 te300..... assuming your are most concerned with performance on steep inclines.... gnarly slow moving stuff and hill climbs... does it help to move

the triple clamps up or down on the forks? 

Move forks UP for better handling in technical terrain, meaning more fork tube showing above the top triple (it is confusion as this is sometimes referred to as moving the forks down).  You should have 3 marks on your forks and I beleive the OEM setting is the 2nd notch.  Move to the third mark, the 1st would be for moto-x type riding, the 2nd for intermediate and the 3rd for more technical.

So the bike will turn better on the 3rd notch with a little less high speed stability.

Sweet! Thanks.... it's hard to find info on some of this stuff and I don't know anyone so I appreciate it!

Moved to lowest position in forks...magic for steep and techy stuff.

Also, I got a huge back tire 120/100 cheater shinko.... fatty front.... the only downside i see from this setup is it tends to plow a bit more in turns, understeer. My question.... is this the clamps position, huge tall back tire, or some of both? 

1 hour ago, flesh said:

Moved to lowest position in forks...magic for steep and techy stuff.

Also, I got a huge back tire 120/100 cheater shinko.... fatty front.... the only downside i see from this setup is it tends to plow a bit more in turns, understeer. My question.... is this the clamps position, huge tall back tire, or some of both? 

moving to lowest position will tighten up steering.  re-check sag.  fatter and wider tires will hamper turning all around.  the only benefit would be added traction in gnarly conditions at cost of handling.  you need to decide which is more important.  I prefer standard size tires.

Yes, of course, thanks. I also moved the rear wheel back.... and the bike was new before all these changes.... much more weight distributed 

to front wheel now than when sag was set.