2016 350 XC-F Oil capacity

I am waiting on my manual to be delivered but can anyone confirm oil capacity for the 16 350 xcf? I would like to change tonight. 10W-50? 

Fill it till half way up the sight glass, done... 

That's not really what he asked... But I believe it's 1.2L including the filter change aswell. But yes you can check the sideglass and make sure it's at least half way.

That's not really what he asked... But I believe it's 1.2L including the filter change aswell. But yes you can check the sideglass and make sure it's at least half way.

Is that for the 2016 or previous model? I know my 2016-2017 250xcfs take 1l. The older model 250f motor took more than 1l.

Be careful with the finger screen filter if you removed it...very easy to install incorrectly!!

Fill the cavity with oil, soak the filter and put the rest of the liter in(or a bit more)

Run the engine for 5 min, then very carefully add to at least the middle of the glass...after letting the oil run back down from the upper reaches of the warmed engine. 

Our 2016 350 EXC-F has its oil changed that way by me, seems to take about 1.1 liters to get it just above the middle of the sight glass. Don't overfill, tempting as that may be when it only takes a liter, doesn't help in any way.

Be careful with the finger screen filter if you removed it...very easy to install incorrectly!!

Fill the cavity with oil, soak the filter and put the rest of the liter in(or a bit more)

Run the engine for 5 min, then very carefully add to at least the middle of the glass...after letting the oil run back down from the upper reaches of the warmed engine. 

Our 2016 350 EXC-F has its oil changed that way by me, seems to take about 1.1 liters to get it just above the middle of the sight glass. Don't overfill, tempting as that may be when it only takes a liter, doesn't help in any way.

The 2016 350excf runs the old style motor with bigger cases and takes 100-200ml more oil. The 2016 250/350 xcf and sxf have the lower capacity as they run smaller cases. 2017 250/350 excf is now the same and runs the slightly lower oil capacity.

1l is your total capacity including filter as per the manual above. If I change my oil without the filter it takes 900ml.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dirtshark808 said:

You're right. But the relevance of the actually capacity vs "just halfway up the sight glass" accomplish both the same thing. Except you don't need to measure with the latter... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kato7 said:

The 2016 350excf runs the old style motor with bigger cases and takes 100-200ml more oil. The 2016 250/350 xcf and sxf have the lower capacity as they run smaller cases. 2017 250/350 excf is now the same and runs the slightly lower oil capacity.

1l is your total capacity including filter as per the manual above. If I change my oil without the filter it takes 900ml.

Following the manual, the procedure is to remove the drain plug, remove/clean the screen then remove the filter, draining all oil. Then fill about 1/3 of the filter cavity with oil, install filter, install cover and it states the engine capacity is 1L.

Didn't realize KTM had different cases for the 350 EXC-F and 350 XCF, thanks.