tubliss

Im seriously considering the tubliss system on my bike. This being said I was wondering if any experienced tubliss users could tell me, are they good or bad or what not. Plus I use a hard compound rear tire, so whats the best psi, or no air at all? Also if running 0psi is a bad idea, I guess you need a plug kit on your person at all times? I dont know.... sounds like its a really good system but has sketchy negatives to it.

Please do a search there are extensive discussions about them and you will find all the info you want and then some.

That said... people either love them or hate them. I love them and have been using them trouble free for many years and well over 1000+ hours of riding. Pressures depend on the tire, terrain, and rider preference. For example, when I ran Maxxis tires I ran 7-9psi up front and 4-5psi in the rear normally. Now, running Goldentyre Fatty up front and their GT523KX rear, I run 12psi front and 11-12psi rear. You just gotta experiment with your particular setup. I suggest starting around 12psi and working from there.

Lastly, like I have mentioned in other Tubliss discussions, IME tire selection is important. Some just don't work well with Tubliss. I know Nuetech has tried hard to make the Tubliss system work with any tire, and they have done extremely well on their end, but it just can't be done due to all the manufacturer's various tire compounds and how they construct them. Look for the tires that are proven to work well with Tubliss for other riders in your area.

run them in a lot of my bikes, have had a total of one flat that wasn't repairable or sealed itself with slime over the last 3 years. used a ton of different tires, many used before installed

thank you guys for the responses. Ill hopefully try one on the rear soon. Will be putting on a shinko 505 cheater next year due to my tire experimentation gone wrong and it wearing out in a couple rides... Hopefully it holds up.

1 hour ago, fourfiftee said:

thank you guys for the responses. Ill hopefully try one on the rear soon. Will be putting on a shinko 505 cheater next year due to my tire experimentation gone wrong and it wearing out in a couple rides... Hopefully it holds up.

There's a high probability you won't be dissapointed,

I'll never run a tube again......

Hopefully you have the same experience 

Also I second starting at 12 Psi,

I hate floppy tires.....