Lower steering bearing

I bought the All Balls racing brand steering bearings and for some reason the bottom bearing will not go on any further than this. I even tried the 20 Ton shop vise. I first used by Parks Tool steering Tube bearing installer then used the press.

I have never had any trouble getting the bottom bearing to go down flush.

Only thing I can think of is......unless the Ride Engineering clamps I have has a bigger steering stem than stock.

20171111_000909.jpg20171111_000849.jpg

I bought the All Balls racing brand steering bearings and for some reason the bottom bearing will not go on any further than this. I even tried the 20 Ton shop vise. I first used by Parks Tool steering Tube bearing installer then used the press.
I have never had any trouble getting the bottom bearing to go down flush.

Only thing I can think of is......unless the Ride Engineering clamps I have has a bigger steering stem than stock.
20171111_000909.thumb.jpg.c6693f9ea6ed8ddd08450ea85b493eff.jpg20171111_000849.thumb.jpg.ae50a6851b0750a18cf2add0e1537814.jpg

20171111_001944.jpg20171111_001938.jpg

Glad you figured it out. I have seen a huge dive in All Balls quality. Used to be my go to for aftermarket bearings but twice this season I've had bearings that were packaged incorrectly and didn't fit.

What I've been doing lately is getting the dimension of the bearing and going to a local bearing shop to get SKF. I needed three front wheel bearings for my RM125 and I was able to purchase 3 SKF bearings for $19. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, David37 said:

All Balls bearings are "All Junk".  All Junk/Ball bearings are low quality and they don't last.  

I have tried to tell some people the same thing. But when they insist I'm FOS, I just walk away and say, "you'll find out one way or another, hopefully not 20+ miles from the truck or staging. 

• Like 1

I have tried to tell some people the same thing. But when they insist I'm FOS, I just walk away and say, "you'll find out one way or another, hopefully not 20+ miles from the truck or staging. 

I have heard the same thing. However I have used OEM,Bearings connection and now All Balls. So Far I have had the best Luck with Bearings Connection brand.

They have lasted longer than OEM. We'll see how long these All Balls last. I have a set of Bearings Connection on hand just in case.

1 hour ago, CaptainKnobby said:

I have heard the same thing. However I have used OEM,Bearings connection and now All Balls. So Far I have had the best Luck with Bearings Connection brand.

They have lasted longer than OEM. We'll see how long these All Balls last. I have a set of Bearings Connection on hand just in case.

I don't put much into the roller bearings on the steer head or even balls on the shift drum. I have said before, if the bearing doesn't need to spin all the time, I am sure Allmyballs are an ok substitute. It's hi heat and constant demand I thing chineese bearings fail.

Bearing Connection fron wheel bearings are pretty good, I have had them fail after a year. Pivot works are good bearings also. 

• Like 1